1st cruise in the books, where to CruiseNext?

lisaem79

Just a few days off the Epic and already daydreaming on where to go next. I purchased 2 CruiseNext vouchers and want to get the most bang for my buck.

Can anyone tell me when to find the best deals on cruises? I'm not opposed to going on the Epic again but might want to try a different ship if the price is right. I want a studio cabin which limits the ship choices.

Talking about TA's, including online TA's, is not permitted on cruise critic so your responses are going to be a little limited. My favorite site to search is an online TA but then I generally book directly with the cruise line. I don't think cruiseplum is a TA (meaning you can't book cruises directly with them) but it's a nice search tool.

Baltic Capitals, Mediterranean, Bermuda, Greek Isles (probably no studio cabins though), Southern Carribean. Don't limit yourself to just sailing on ships with Studio Cabins...... there is so much to see it would be a bummer to limit yourself to the same old Eastern/Western Caribbean!!

Talking about TA's, including online TA's, is not permitted on cruise critic so your responses are going to be a little limited. My favorite site to search is an online TA but then I generally book directly with the cruise line. I don't think cruiseplum is a TA (meaning you can't book cruises directly with them) but it's a nice search tool.

I wasn't asking for a TA I was asking WHEN to get the best deals....like if I want to cruise in December WHEN will I see sales on certain dates?

Right now through jan is often the best time for booking. Cruiselines are running holiday sales now and then january is "wave" season with lots of sales. If you have only done one cruise then there are lots of other caribbean islands for you to explore. Also, a flight to NY for canada/new england or bermuda isn't too far.

I wasn't asking for a TA I was asking WHEN to get the best deals....like if I want to cruise in December WHEN will I see sales on certain dates?

Yep, sorry my mistake, I read that as WHERE. Generally I find the best deals are usually for November and December cruises, before Christmas. But if a sailing isn't selling well a deal could pop up at any time. My 9-night December 2017 cruise had a spectacular deal in August of 2016 (over a year out). Some November cruises have been an even better deal in the last several months if you're willing to book the sail away rates.

Yep, sorry my mistake, I read that as WHERE. Generally I find the best deals are usually for November and December cruises, before Christmas. But if a sailing isn't selling well a deal could pop up at any time. My 9-night December 2017 cruise had a spectacular deal in August of 2016 (over a year out). Some November cruises have been an even better deal in the last several months if you're willing to book the sail away rates.

No worries, I just wanted to clarify so my post wouldn't get removed. I noticed this year that as the months went on (and due to Irma) the costs went down. Maybe next year I'll wait it out to find the best deal.

No worries, I just wanted to clarify so my post wouldn't get removed. I noticed this year that as the months went on (and due to Irma) the costs went down. Maybe next year I'll wait it out to find the best deal.

I just check a lot and when I see a good deal I book it, even if I'm not 100% sure I will be able to go. If it turns out I can go then great, I got a good deal. If not, then I cancel and get my deposit back before final payment. I also check multiple cruiselines, which is why I'm on NCL this December instead of Royal like my last 2 cruises. I'm then on Royal again in the spring because of another great deal. With Royal's new non-refundable deposit policy I will probably do this less and it very well may push me to NCL more often...until they implement something similar.

I just check a lot and when I see a good deal I book it, even if I'm not 100% sure I will be able to go. If it turns out I can go then great, I got a good deal. If not, then I cancel and get my deposit back before final payment. I also check multiple cruiselines, which is why I'm on NCL this December instead of Royal like my last 2 cruises. I'm then on Royal again in the spring because of another great deal. With Royal's new non-refundable deposit policy I will probably do this less and it very well may push me to NCL more often...until they implement something similar.

Some very good advice

You can figure the best weeks easy.. just check the current cruises. In December, you will find lower rates and # of people in early December, with higher rates over the holidays.

Check cruiseplum website. Its for information only, they don't sell anything. They update deals daily. Check every morning. You can get amazing deals as a solo. I travel solo as well, and get unbelievable deals, NCL is the best when it comes to solo pricing.

For instance 12 day cruise December 3 for 12 days(NY roundtrip) is only 449 plus taxes and fees.

That is how I find out about cheap and discounted cruise, from cruiseplum. After you find the deal that you want, you can just go to your travel agent or book it yourself on line.

Our first cruise was last December, just a short 3-night weekend cruise (we weren't sure if we'd like it) on RCL Majesty of the Seas. Well...we loved it! Our next cruise is next week on the Epic to the Western Caribbean. We also have another booked already for next September to Bermuda out of NYC on the Escape. So addicting! I want to book more and already thinking of ideas for 2019, maybe Alaska. :cool:

Have you looked into NCL Escape out of New York City to Bermuda next spring/summer? Sailed on the Escape this past spring and loved it! Escape also has studio cabins. We're already booked for next summer. Check it out!