Triumph 11/30 Canceled

Pugzila1022

Yeah...somethings not right... A day and a half to get to Mobile?? I guess its possible they could work on her the next 24 hours.... But best case.... looking at a late Monday arrival back in NOLA

It didn't take a day and a half. She sat just outside the port entrance for most of the day waiting on the Fantasy to leave. After Fantasy left she moved into dock.

Yeah...somethings not right... A day and a half to get to Mobile?? I guess its possible they could work on her the next 24 hours.... But best case.... looking at a late Monday arrival back in NOLA

It didn't take a day and a half. She sat just outside the port entrance for most of the day waiting on the Fantasy to leave. After Fantasy left she moved into dock.

Still doesn't give much time to fix the problem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We were on the nov 25 cruise they have a propeller problem. The pitch of the prop can change and now it will only go to 20% and they cannot get enough thrust to go full speed only can make 14 instead of 21. Sitting in a motel in N.O. wait on the dec 4 cruise we were on a b/b/b so our middle cruise was canceled. The ship is at the mouth of the miss river headed to moblie ala for dry dock should be there sometime in the morning. Hope they get it fixed or let us know soon so I can cruise or go home.

That is horrible for you....right in the middle of a b/b/b...sorry!:(

Just received a text:

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Dec. 04, 2017:

The ship experienced a technical issue on the previous cruise. The issue has been resolved and the ship is expected to arrive in New Orleans later than scheduled. We will update you by 9:00 AM (CST) tomorrow. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you hear from us.

We apologize and thank you for your understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Daughter flew down to Naw'lins this morning for this cruise. They were not informed by carnival until this afternoon.

stuck for 4 days until flights back, not pleased have to pay for hotel.

Dinner at Commanders Palace or Brigtsen's should ease their disappointment. Sit back and down a few Sazeracs!

Just received a text:

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Dec. 04, 2017:

The ship experienced a technical issue on the previous cruise. The issue has been resolved and the ship is expected to arrive in New Orleans later than scheduled. We will update you by 9:00 AM (CST) tomorrow. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you hear from us.

We apologize and thank you for your understanding.

That would explain why she’s not here yet.

a9204eb6dc1c3f4af286b55b374672d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Dec. 4, 2017, FINAL UPDATE:

Carnival Triumph is expected to arrive at 5:00 PM. Check-in will be from 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM. A lunch credit of 15.00 USD, per person, will be posted to your Sail & Sign account. All guests must be onboard by 8:00 PM.

I will be curious to know how or when they will handle the lifeboat drill.

Also, I normally don't eat a big lunch on embarkation day, and typically wait until early seating in the dining room.

However, I wonder if the dining rooms will even be open tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Based on past experience with a delayed boarding (i.e., a fustercluck) there will be open seating dinner for everyone (regardless of your actual dinner assignment) until it's time for the muster drill.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app