Triumph 11/30 Canceled

Pugzila1022

Several sailings had that happen this fall due to hurricanes.

Such is true ... and how I got a (practically) free last minute cruise in October! I understand due to hurricane issues ... you can watch the weather and see that coming ... but mechanical issues last minute would really come out of the blue.

Such is true ... and how I got a (practically) free last minute cruise in October! I understand due to hurricane issues ... you can watch the weather and see that coming ... but mechanical issues last minute would really come out of the blue.

What’s bad is that sometimes they know and keep slugging along.

Yikes! What's going on with liberty?

She has had a propulsion issue for quite a while now, which is why she was moved to Florida's east coast to do shorter itineraries that can be done at slower speeds.

I think ChEngKP, our resident expert and chief engineer, explained that it was likely a partial motor failure that will require a serious drydock -- i.e., cutting into the hull -- to fully repair.

Aside from a slight reduction in maximum speed, the ship is otherwise fully operational. (And I miss her...my second Carnival cruise.)

We were on the nov 25 cruise they have a propeller problem. The pitch of the prop can change and now it will only go to 20% and they cannot get enough thrust to go full speed only can make 14 instead of 21. Sitting in a motel in N.O. wait on the dec 4 cruise we were on a b/b/b so our middle cruise was canceled. The ship is at the mouth of the miss river headed to moblie ala for dry dock should be there sometime in the morning. Hope they get it fixed or let us know soon so I can cruise or go home.

We were on the nov 25 cruise they have a propeller problem. The pitch of the prop can change and now it will only go to 20% and they cannot get enough thrust to go full speed only can make 14 instead of 21. Sitting in a motel in N.O. wait on the dec 4 cruise we were on a b/b/b so our middle cruise was canceled. The ship is at the mouth of the miss river headed to moblie ala for dry dock should be there sometime in the morning. Hope they get it fixed or let us know soon so I can cruise or go home.

Thanks for the update and super sorry for the crazy interruption in your trifecta. We are scheduled to sail her on Monday and will be heading to NOLA later today. I wish Carnival was able to make a decision with more than 24 hour notice.

Thanks for the update and super sorry for the crazy interruption in your trifecta. We are scheduled to sail her on Monday and will be heading to NOLA later today. I wish Carnival was able to make a decision with more than 24 hour notice.

Agreed. I will be in New Orleans tomorrow and will be disappointed if the 12/4 sailing is canceled.

Hopefully, we'll be getting on board 48 hours from now.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

That's a bummer!! I cannot imagine planning for months to have my trip cancelled the day prior.

It certainly is a bad situation. However it could have been worse, remember the Triumph was helpless in the Gulf without power or electricity and water ?

The only silver lining is that the passengers are stranded on land instead of out in the ocean.

It certainly is a bad situation. However it could have been worse, remember the Triumph was helpless in the Gulf without power or electricity and water ?

The only silver lining is that the passengers are stranded on land instead of out in the ocean.

I think Carnival learned a great deal from their passengers on that cruise to hell. .Triumphs failure at that time created a lot of changes for the better.

Also the story of the Antigua Six taught the passengers on the Victory a lesson as well.