Did Anyone Watch Greta Tonight?

tuggers

I understand she was doing her whole show on what your rights are concerning personal safety on cruise ships and info from the Congressional hearings today.

I didn't see it at 10pm but I understand it will be repeated at Midnight. On Fox News Channel.

I understand she was doing her whole show on what your rights are concerning personal safety on cruise ships and info from the Congressional hearings today.

I didn't see it at 10pm but I understand it will be repeated at Midnight. On Fox News Channel.

I expect there will be many in Congress who get free cruises to do an on the scene investigation...and I bet they get their shrimp.

Who is Greta??

Greta Van Susterin is an attorney who gained fame during the OJ trial. She has her own program every night at 10 P.M. on the Fox Cable Channel. She's smart and quite good. Covers current events' legal matters, and has some pretty good guests.

on various problems with the cruise industry. Most of this is coming out of the case of the groom missing from the ship over the summer. All the cable news networks are having the family of the missing person on their legal programs. These programs and shows seem to be very one-sided against the cruise industry which of course is not perfect but please have an open mind on this isssue.

And the lady who went missing the other day off the RCI international isn't helping the situation.

I'm not sure it's such a bad thing for the US to have some control over these ships. I mean, they are flagged in other countries to avoid some US taxes and fees but a very LARGE part of their passenger base are Americans. I think we should have some protection. Just as long as they don't go too far!:D

There has been a lot of news coverage about this incident in Connecticut because the groom was from Greenwich. One thing that surprises me is that we always hear about the grieving parents, but they barely mention anything about his widowed bride.
That bride's mouth has been locked up tighter than a clam's since her husband's diappearance. "Some" say she was too drunk to remember anything anyway. Whatever she knows, any good attorney would tell her to keep her mouth shut. Tabloid TV has tried to make a case for murder. I was not there so have no opinion.

That bride's mouth has been locked up tighter than a clam's since her husband's diappearance. "Some" say she was too drunk to remember anything anyway. Whatever she knows, any good attorney would tell her to keep her mouth shut. Tabloid TV has tried to make a case for murder. I was not there so have no opinion.

If Chris Shays were not congressman from CT and guy overboard wasn't from CT do ya think we would have had a hearing??

I expect the Senator from Alabama is next to hold hearings on Safety in Aruba.

Bride BTW just put up $100k for info leading to an arrest - yeah right.

IMHO - he got drunk - maybe got in a fight, probably got thrown over the side. But is the cruiseline responsible - Not in my opinion.

Some atty from Florida on the news today - apparently makes a very good living suing cruise lines - if you believe him you are safer in Iraq than sailing on a cruise ship. We have been on 14 cruises and as far as I am concerned - you dont just fall over the side - you jump or are pushed.

From what was posted on earlier threads - the guy from CT was at least 12 sheets to the wind and was partying with some shady characters - but what was Rccl supposed to do - cancel the cruise and turn over the ship to the FBI

I am reasonably sure - that there were investigations - No not the CSI type we see on TV and yes there was some "damage control" but did they hide anything - I doubt it

And the lady who went missing the other day off the RCI international isn't helping the situation.

What lady is that, when did she go missing and what ship?

Jewel of the Seas near Nassau

There is also the recent December 4 disappearance of Annette Mizener from the Carnival Pride

If Chris Shays were not congressman from CT and guy overboard wasn't from CT do ya think we would have had a hearing??

I expect the Senator from Alabama is next to hold hearings on Safety in Aruba.

Nope, the Governor declared a statewide boycott of Aruba. :p

Don'tcha love common sense? An attractive teenage girl goes off *alone* late at night with a bunch of local boys who are total strangers and doesn't come back. And that makes the island unsafe for tourists?:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone just falls off a cruise ship either. You jump or you're pushed. The railings are way higher than the average person's center of gravity. Maybe, *maybe*, if you're 8 feet tall and drunker 'n cooty brown and get up on a chair over by the railing. Otherwise, there's some Jerry Springer stuff going on that no one's admitting to. I personally don't expect the cruise staff to babysit adults. Adults have to take responsibility for their own actions (and alcohol consumption), and also just practice some basic common sense, like not drinking heavily alone.

These Senate hearings are interesting. Except for the NCL ships in Hawaii, the US has no juristiction on cruise ships once they leave US waters. Not much they can do from the US Senate.

I agree with Hermang. These would not be taking place if this person wasnt who he is. As well, that whole case is pretty interesting. I hate to put it this way, but if there ever was someone asking for it, it was this guy. I saw the wife on tv the other day. Her part in all of this is very suspect. I dont believe her innocence for a second. I think the family is blaming the cruise line for thier son's foolish mistakes. He didnt deserve to die, but he didn't do himself any good either.

There was someone representing the cruise industry on CNN who said that in the past 18 months 10-12 people have disappeared while on a cruise. He went to say that during that same time there were over 12 million passengers who cruised and that the percentage of people who have disappeared to those who made it makes the cruise industry the safest way to travel.

I agree that the percentage is very low and I grieve for those who have lost a family member, but I also wonder about the hundreds of folks who disappear here on land. There are many news stories about old folks, younsters and many others who just aren't where they should be and are never found again. And yet, there are no congressional hearings about those people.

Politics should take out of this, they are not going to be able to change anything in the cruise industry to make them "safer." There will be people who for unknown reasons are never seen again and our Congress cannot change that fact.

Jim

I think I'll boycott Alabama. I'm pretty sure somebody got raped there who didn't get thorough attention from the authorities.

on another note...there was a woman travelling on Celebrity earlier this year in Alaska that "never got off." Celebrity simply boxed up her stuff and donated it to a shelter, never notifying anybody. Now THOSE people have a little something to be upset about.

on another note...there was a woman travelling on Celebrity earlier this year in Alaska that "never got off." Celebrity simply boxed up her stuff and donated it to a shelter, never notifying anybody. Now THOSE people have a little something to be upset about.

Never read about this one... is there a reference source?:confused:

These Senate hearings are interesting. Except for the NCL ships in Hawaii, the US has no juristiction on cruise ships once they leave US waters. Not much they can do from the US Senate.

I agree with Hermang. These would not be taking place if this person wasnt who he is. As well, that whole case is pretty interesting. I hate to put it this way, but if there ever was someone asking for it, it was this guy. I saw the wife on tv the other day. Her part in all of this is very suspect. I dont believe her innocence for a second. I think the family is blaming the cruise line for thier son's foolish mistakes. He didnt deserve to die, but he didn't do himself any good either.

By "if this person wasn't who he is", do you mean from Greenwich as opposed to a less affluent place?

I agree. The wife's story doesn't jive.We are supposed to believe that she passed out drunk,didn't see or hear anything, got up early in the AM and didn't notice that her new husband wasn't in the cabin(must be a very large cabin--it wasn't)then went out for a morning workout ...something everyone does for a hangover, only to find him missing upon her return. Yeah,right.

Mark Furhman reported that a bartender saw her getting chummy with a pair of guys at the bar. My guess is they all went back their cabin for some fun and things got out of hand and a terrible accident occiurred...just a theory.

Archived