Help finding an old post!

shorti503

About a year ago I stumbled across an old post where someone had done a group sailing with a bunch of people who had never sailed before. They had created these really neat newsletters to inform/get their group excited to go and they shared in the thread. My husband and I have finally convinced his whole family to take their first ever cruise with us. That being said I have been searching all morning trying to find that old post because I must not have saved it. I would love to get some inspiration from those newsletters to create my own. My husbands mom seems so overwhelmed with everything I thought this would maybe help answer questions/get her excited and less stressed! If anyone can point me in the write direction I would be so so thankful!

It doesn’t look like you posted on that thread, since I looked through your posts and didn’t find anything that fit.

The only other thing you can try is typing in key words in the search feature and see if anything comes up.

Good luck.

It doesn’t look like you posted on that thread, since I looked through your posts and didn’t find anything that fit.

The only other thing you can try is typing in key words in the search feature and see if anything comes up.

Good luck.

Thanks! I looked at what I commented on also and it wasn't there. I have tried searching but so far I haven't been able to find it. I'll keep looking!

I don't know if this is the thread, but it does have some interesting suggestions about what to talk about and what to keep to yourself. Perhaps it will help a bit:

Read here.

Found another one that talks a lot about creating booklets for new group cruisers:

Read here.

Edited by harlekuin
added link

About a year ago I stumbled across an old post where someone had done a group sailing with a bunch of people who had never sailed before. They had created these really neat newsletters to inform/get their group excited to go and they shared in the thread. My husband and I have finally convinced his whole family to take their first ever cruise with us. That being said I have been searching all morning trying to find that old post because I must not have saved it. I would love to get some inspiration from those newsletters to create my own. My husbands mom seems so overwhelmed with everything I thought this would maybe help answer questions/get her excited and less stressed! If anyone can point me in the write direction I would be so so thankful!

I think you are searching for rshape83's informative threads about taking groups.

Link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224387

If not the one listed above, there are more links in his signature. They are very helpful threads! :D:D

The last thing I would do is try to convince other people to go a cruise.

Especially if they are the least bit unsure.

Just because you enjoy it, others don't, And I understand, its not for everyone.

If any of them has a miserable time, they are going to totally blame you.

The Holidays will never be the same after that....

I don't know if this is the thread, but it does have some interesting suggestions about what to talk about and what to keep to yourself. Perhaps it will help a bit:

Read here.

Found another one that talks a lot about creating booklets for new group cruisers:

Read here.

Those were not it but so helpful!! Thank you!

The last thing I would do is try to convince other people to go a cruise.

Especially if they are the least bit unsure.

Just because you enjoy it, others don't, And I understand, its not for everyone.

If any of them has a miserable time, they are going to totally blame you.

The Holidays will never be the same after that....

They are all very excited and have always wanted to go just never have. My mother-in-laws uncertainty comes from she's a planner and likes to be the one in charge. In this instance my husband and I are in charge (except for what they do once on the boat) I'm just trying to find away to give them all the details and keep them up to date one everything while building their excitement at the same time. I had just remembered seeing the newsletters at some point and thought it was such a neat idea and I know it would be something they would enjoy getting.

I think you are searching for rshape83's informative threads about taking groups.

Link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224387

If not the one listed above, there are more links in his signature. They are very helpful threads! :D:D

That's it!!!! Thank you so much!! You have saved me from more searching! His threads are so good!!