Kids Club?

How does kids club get in touch with you if something is wrong? Do they still provide phones for parents?

Thanks in Advance

Based on equipment availability and the ship, parents of younger kids may be assigned or may request a DECT phone (DECT is the wireless communications technology used), which is only usable on board. Or in the past they have also used old-school Motorola pagers (again, only good on board). They may also otherwise try calling your stateroom. The DECT phone is good for calling any onboard extension including say, friends or family in your or another cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info.

Based on equipment availability and the ship, parents of younger kids may be assigned or may request a DECT phone (DECT is the wireless communications technology used), which is only usable on board. Or in the past they have also used old-school Motorola pagers (again, only good on board). They may also otherwise try calling your stateroom. The DECT phone is good for calling any onboard extension including say, friends or family in your or another cabin.

Thanks.. they won't have my permission to come and go as they please.. lol

If there is an actual EMERGENCY, they will find you....after 9 years old, the kids are free to come and go (with your permission), so they don't need to contact you.

When i sailed Oasis in 2010 they gave us phones. So I was just wondering if RCCL was still giving phones. I guess we will just wait and see. I guess in an emergency u would get called out through the PA system.

I have no idea how they find you. I figure they will, though. My son hasn’t had permission to leave while in Oceaneers and they’ve never given us a phone or pager. I just figure they would find us.

Only the youngest group (3-5) get phones. If they need you in an emergency, they will page you on the ship. Of course, if you decide to leave your child on the ship while you go off on an excursion there could be an issue.

Only the youngest group (3-5) get phones. If they need you in an emergency, they will page you on the ship. Of course, if you decide to leave your child on the ship while you go off on an excursion there could be an issue.

Seems to depend on numbers only ever received them once