12:30 flight out of San Juan? Is this doable?

maja651

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any experience debarking SAN Juan? We currently have a 12:30 pm flight. Supposedly we dock at 5 am, so I would think it would be ok, but looking for other cruiser's experiences.

Thanks!

We disembarked the Summit on Dec 12, we had ticket number 11, told to be at the theatre by 8:40 am. We just hung out by the pool after breakfast, our number was called by 8:15, using a porter, we were out of the terminal by about 8:30! We were at airport, checked in and waiting for flight by about 10:00am (with help from another porter)

TIP: Use the porters!

At the terminal they have a separate line to customs for porters, you bypass hundreds of people and are out in no time at all without struggling with your bags. Then enlist porter's help, he will get you a taxi in no time, avoids all the confusion and commotion. VERY well worth the $5.00/bag or so tip! We were on Celebrity which offers free shuttle to airport, worked great. See if your line offers anything similar, if they do, porter will know all about it.

At airport, get another porter. Porter knew how to work the kiosk, got our luggage tags and boarding passes, checked us in and into security line in about 10 minutes.

I just did this on Dec 12.

Did self walk off - they start promptly at 7, but get to Tuscan earlier for a better place in line, and made a 9:00 flight with plenty of time to spare.

It was early enough that I did not need porters (no line at Jet Blue, no line at the ag inspection), but I could see that a porter to jump the line would be a help later in the morning as things got more crowded.

I just did this on Dec 12.

Did self walk off - they start promptly at 7, but get to Tuscan earlier for a better place in line, and made a 9:00 flight with plenty of time to spare.

It was early enough that I did not need porters (no line at Jet Blue, no line at the ag inspection), but I could see that a porter to jump the line would be a help later in the morning as things got more crowded.

I guess an early walk off would be a lot different and less crowded than a normal one, when I got off, porter help was a monumental assist! Customs was really backed up, hundreds of people (which porter bypassed) as was airport security, which you can't bypass, so that was the only slow spot in our departure. I don't think I would be courageous enought to book a 9am departure flight, you are a brave soul!

Anyone have any experience debarking SAN Juan? We currently have a 12:30 pm flight. Supposedly we dock at 5 am, so I would think it would be ok, but looking for other cruiser's experiences.

Thanks!

We had an 11:55 departure after sailing on Adventure on November 25th. We made it to the airport around 9 am and had plenty of time at the gate. We were on Southwest.