Adult Recommendation?

jenmarie820

We are planning a 40th birthday friends cruise for next year on Norwegian and we are looking for recommendations for a more adult boat then kid focused. We figure if we're leaving the kids at home we would rather not be surrounded with other peoples if possible. ;) We know there isn't an adults only option but are there are ships that aren't as kid-focused? We are looking for a 7 day leaving out of anywhere in FL. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) :)

I would go with the smaller ships; I.e., Pearl, Jewel, etc. Also, I would make sure not to go during the summer, spring break, etc.

This would be my advice as well.

Jewel, Pearl, Gem, Jade.

Star, Dawn, Sun, Spirit.

I wouldn't recommend Sky simply because it has short cruises, not 7 day.

This will all about when and where you go rather than the ship itself. If you travel during school breaks (summer, holidays, spring) on a 7 day or less cruise there will be a ton of kids. We typically cruise in the weeks between thanksgiving and Christmas or January and there are hardly any kids on those sailings. Sailings longer than 7 days also tend to have fewer kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did our 10th anniversary on the Spirit and it was great. It is the oldest and one of the smallest of the ships and we did not see a lot of younger kiddos. We did book it on spring break coincidentally, so there was a higher population of early 20s.

This time we are going on the Getaway with our kids and I'm prepared for the younger cruisers!

This will all about when and where you go rather than the ship itself.

So true. e just left the Pearl on the western Caribbean itinerary. The capacity of the Pearl is about 2,400 and the Guest Services Manager said they had 2,800 the prior week for the Thanksgiving Week sailing. That means about 400 3rd and 4th passengers - most likely kids. That would be a nightmare for anyone looking for a child-free cruise.

Avoid major holidays. Skip all of summer.

If you can figure out when schools will be taking their breaks plan for shortly before or just after.

Since a lot of US schools take their spring break right around Easter we try and go a few weeks either side. We sometimes get college age, but normally not too many younger. The other good time is right after school goes back from summer.