Snorkeling experiences plz

AIROHS

Good snorkeling from the shore at the Money Bar - about a $10-11 cab ride from the piers. No admission fee, good facilities, plus good food, drinks and service.

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a recent photo intensive review of her family's visit to MB.

Good luck! :cool:

We were just in Cozumel a couple weeks ago and I spent the morning snorkeling at the Money Bar while my wife did another excursion. Taxi was I believe $11 there, and for some reason only $8 on the return. I went early right after we docked and actually had a good breakfast there. They also have good, free wifi. I didn't bring my gear with me this time so had to wait for the vendor to open up which was around 9. I paid $20 to rent all the equipment for the day. Lockers are available for another few dollars.

They have a map showing how you essentially go in a giant circle following the markers. While it's nowhere near what I experienced on Bonaire snorkeling, I still saw a lot of fish and really enjoyed it. Spent close to 4 hours there and had a very enjoyable time. I would recommend giving them a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed our time at the Money Bar last month. The place was really lovely and a lot bigger than what I thought and had pictured for some reason. The snorkeling...ehh, not what I thought but there were a few things to see. It's not loaded with a lot of fish (unless you are over by the dock) or coral, but there is a little here and there and they have the reef balls there in the water too. There's a lot of sandy bottom floor there. It's not at all what I expected but it worked out for us. I just think Cozumel doesn't seem to be the place for awesome snorkeling (like in Belize or Roatan). So it's hard for me to say "it's great snorkeling" when I have so many other places to compare it to that were awesome snorkeling. :D

But look in my signature line for the Money Bar review....there's tons of pictures from that day.