Soda prices and other drink questions

travelmomof2

First cruise in a couple of weeks! Soda package? We don't really drink a lot of soda, but I can see on sea days getting one, or if motion sickness meds aren't 100%, I prefer ice tea or hot tea. What are the one time buy prices for a soda? Are ice tea and hot tea (or hot water if I have my own bags) available all day and night or just at meals?

Cans of soda are about $2, regular Lipton or Green Tea is free all the time in the buffet and also in the aft pool area by the ice cream area. I'm sure there are more spots that escape me at the moment. Maybe the coffee shop too?

If you have your own tea bags, then you can get hot water anytime in the buffet. Same with Iced Tea - except maybe in the mornings when the machines are for juices. Not real sure on that part because I don't drink it. I might have a glass of lemonade here or there in the afternoon or evening.

Tea is available all day at the buffet. The down side is it’s only available at the buffet and with meals. So can’t just grab one from a bar while you are out and about. You can grab sodas though all over the ship; which is why I ended up drinking a lot of soda on our last cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First cruise in a couple of weeks! Soda package? We don't really drink a lot of soda, but I can see on sea days getting one, or if motion sickness meds aren't 100%, I prefer ice tea or hot tea. What are the one time buy prices for a soda? Are ice tea and hot tea (or hot water if I have my own bags) available all day and night or just at meals?

Hi

You are allowed to bring 12 cans of soda per person on board at embarkation as well as at your port of calls.

I did read that, re: the 12 cans of soda. I also noticed someone replied that cans of soda on board are $2...does this mean sodas are not served in cups with ice or there are not soda machines? And can you bring any non alcoholic beverage in a can, not just soda, on board as your 12 can limit?

Each passenger is allowed to bring up to 12 cans of non alcholic beverage. Not bottles (Other than 1 bottle of wine or Champagne) but only cans. Soda's are poured from cans into a cup with ice. Most of the bartenders will give you the full can. Sometimes though they will will just fill the cup because they are working off of an already opened can from a previous beverage

Each passenger is allowed to bring up to 12 cans of non alcholic beverage. Not bottles (Other than 1 bottle of wine or Champagne) but only cans. Soda's are poured from cans into a cup with ice. Most of the bartenders will give you the full can. Sometimes though they will will just fill the cup because they are working off of an already opened can from a previous beverage

If you have BB they pour it into the glass with ice. Only then will they pour from an already open can. If you pay per drink with no package they give you the whole, unopened can with a glass of ice.

Hi

If you are using the soda pass (Bottomless bubbles- $7.50/day for adults, $4.95 for children), they will fill a glass for you either from a fountain gun or pour from a can, whichever is convenient for the bartender. If you pay for it ($2), you will get a can of pop, and a glass with ice if you want.

If you need an empty glass you can always ask for one. There is always ice available if you want.

You can bring other non alcoholic drinks on board in either cans or cartons.

Hi

You are allowed to bring 12 cans of soda per person on board at embarkation as well as at your port of calls.

^^ This ^^

If you are not a big soda drinker (we are not), then just bring some cans of your favorite. We are going on a 4 day and the wife might drink 2 cans, I might drink 3.

We like water and a 12 pack of water bottles from the Carnival online shop was only $4.50 delivered to the room.

What I will bring is a large Tervis Tumbler. It has a lid and a handle. Holds 20 oz and keeps drinks cold for hours. Double wall plastic and nearly indestructible (life time warranty replacement). You can get them online or at any Bealls store in Florida.