TrTravel from Zeebrige to Bruges

Please can you advise me the best way to travel form Zeebruge to Bruges.The cruise line wants to charge 64 dollars per person which seems expensive but I do want to make sure we get back to the ship on time. Thanks in advance for your help.

Be sure to also check out the port of call forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Please can you advise me the best way to travel form Zeebruge to Bruges.The cruise line wants to charge 64 dollars per person which seems expensive but I do want to make sure we get back to the ship on time. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

This link may be of help.

https://www.goeuro.com/travel-search2/results/809608889/train

Tram from close to the port gates to Blankenberge, then the train to Bruges, very easy process and a lot less the $64.

https://www.trainline.eu/train-times/blankenberge-to-brugge?gclid=CjwKCAiA6qPRBRAkEiwAGw4SdvUidmV96aCKlejQhBUqe1RHkTG1SK5fK87sixRBfbpxa2ylBwYHMxoC0kgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CIqcycH399cCFUw44AodGL4DTg

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Zeebrugge/Blankenberge

From what I recall a few years back, it's a flat fee from the port to Brugge. I think it was 50 Euro one way, but it may have gone up. Anyway, the taxis are 9-pax taxis, driver + 8 people. We got a group of 8 people from our Roll Call and split the 100 Euro among us. It's about a 20-30 minute ride. The driver dropped us off near the clock tower, and we set a time for him to pick us up at the end of the day.

As someone else mentioned its quite easy to get the tram and then train to Bruges.

Taxis are another option, I would pre book there and back though. Having been a few times now the taxi ranks go from 10+ taxis waiting for passengers to none appearing for quite a long time. You don't won't to be stuck waiting.

Its a great place though if you haven't been before.

On both occasions our ship has docked in zeebrugge we have taken he train from Zeebrugge Dorp station and saved a lot of cash which went on chocolates and beer in Brugge.

We took the port shuttle to the gate then it was a half hour walk to the station. It’s a bit of a trek and not the most scenic walk but we are young guys so it didn’t bother us. There is a tram also.

I have worked in Belgium a lot so the country and train system is very familiar to me. My advise to anyone If you are not from Europe, elderly, not well travelled or immobile then save the hassle and pay for the bus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been to Zeebrugge twice on the Independence of the Seas. Both times there were coaches waiting next to the ship to take people to Bruges for 20 euros return per person, you pay as you board the coach. The coach drops off in a large coach park near the centre of Bruges: it is about a 10-15 minute walk. The coaches return regularly. We found the service to be very efficient and I would recommend using it. Hope this helps.