New to Princess - Can someone explain how the All-Inclusive Photo Package works

lives to cruise

I bought the All-Inclusive Photo Package a number of months ago for our sailing in January but I have a few questions.

1. Do I need to go to the photo area of the ship every day to pick out the pictures I want to keep?

2. Will they store them for me until the end of my cruise or do I need to take them back to my cabin daily?

3. Can I receive them on a CD or thumb drive?

Thanks for any help.

We were on the Ruby in Feb. and had the package. We would go down each day and pick out our pics, take them to the counter and they would put them in our envelope. We would check back later and they would give us the originals . At the end of the cruise we picked up the flash drive with all the pics on it. It is a good deal if the price is right!

You don't have to get them everyday, but depending on how many you pose for, it could be a very large job to get them onto the flash drive. Each time you select images you want to keep, you take them off the racks and turn them in at the photo desk-- they are kept overnight to be scanned/transferred into the drive. The photo desk is very busy at the end of the cruise, so if you wait to select any pictures until the end, they may not be able to get you all of the digital versions. It would depend on what their workload is at that point.

I know we got quite a few images with the package in January, and went every day to make our selections. Often the Order wasn't ready for pickup until late in the afternoon the following day.

Also, someone from the cabin that booked the package has to be in the image for it to be included, and in spite of it being the "all inclusive" package, it doesn't include any special/private event images, if you have anything like that scheduled.

You don't have to get them everyday, but depending on how many you pose for, it could be a very large job to get them onto the flash drive. Each time you select images you want to keep, you take them off the racks and turn them in at the photo desk-- they are kept overnight to be scanned/transferred into the drive. The photo desk is very busy at the end of the cruise, so if you wait to select any pictures until the end, they may not be able to get you all of the digital versions. It would depend on what their workload is at that point.

I know we got quite a few images with the package in January, and went every day to make our selections. Often the Order wasn't ready for pickup until late in the afternoon the following day.

Also, someone from the cabin that booked the package has to be in the image for it to be included, and in spite of it being the "all inclusive" package, it doesn't include any special/private event images, if you have anything like that scheduled.

So I am assuming that Princess does as many other cruise lines do and they have racks that they put the pictures from the evening before and that day onto them for people to go through, correct? So we would need to scan each rack to find our pictures, yes?

I do know that another line is using facial recognition to digitally load your pictures and then you can just go through them and pick the ones you want printed but I am assuming Princess is not doing that yet.

So I am assuming that Princess does as many other cruise lines do and they have racks that they put the pictures from the evening before and that day onto them for people to go through, correct? So we would need to scan each rack to find our pictures, yes?

I do know that another line is using facial recognition to digitally load your pictures and then you can just go through them and pick the ones you want printed but I am assuming Princess is not doing that yet.

Correct-- that is how they did it on my cruise this past January, and I haven't heard anything since, that leads me to believe they have updated their system. Personally, I wish they would. Our last cruise on NCL, they had a few prints catalogued in binders organized by stateroom-- very easy to quickly find and review. And the rest of the images were accessible for viewing and ordering on computers-- also easily reviewed. No walking up and down the racks trying to find your images. I'm actually quite surprised Princess is still so old school in this department

Correct-- that is how they did it on my cruise this past January, and I haven't heard anything since, that leads me to believe they have updated their system. Personally, I wish they would. Our last cruise on NCL, they had a few prints catalogued in binders organized by stateroom-- very easy to quickly find and review. And the rest of the images were accessible for viewing and ordering on computers-- also easily reviewed. No walking up and down the racks trying to find your images. I'm actually quite surprised Princess is still so old school in this department

Thank you. I too am surprised but I believe they will offer that service down the road.

Thanks again.

I have the package for my cruise in 11 days. Just a quick question, I am travelling with my mom and mt two kids and we have 2 cabins booked. Even though one kid is booked into my mom's cabin, she will actually be sailing in my cabin. How would this work for the photo package? Would pictures of her be included (I obviously wouldn't expect my mom to be included if she got solo pics, since she is in her own cabin)?

On Island last fall you had to take your prints to the desk and they would scan the bar code on each print. This needed to be done every few days because the prints would vanish from the racks. Photo staff wasn't happy about having to do this repeatedly and was looking forward to the new photo processing equipment.

While technically one person in the cabin that buys a package has to be in the photo, the old system really just depended on whose card was given to the photographer - they didn't look very hard at the thumbnails on their screen when they were copying them to your thumb drive.

The new system (where they have a kiosk for ordering prints) uses some facial recognition so that a kid in a different cabin might be identified as associated with that cabin. A single shot of that kid might be hard to move to a different room although I am sure the staff can do it. As ceilidh1 suggests, they probably won't move a single photo of an adult in another cabin into your cabin folder. If you have 20 shots of them in your group and want one single they might do it for you anyway.