Escape from Miami, 12/9/17 Trip Report

anonmom

Have a great trip. 7 more trips and we'll be on her!! Looking forward to your pics and adventures! Jealous that you are probably sitting in the terminal at this exact moment, 1 hour away from getting on board! :-) We are not from the cities, but 7 hrs north in Thunder Bay, ON...close enough! :-)

Hi, new to cruisecritic. How do we find out about the pub crawl...

Here is the final schedule for the Last Call, Meet & Greet, and Pub/Cabin crawl!!

Pre-Muster Last Call (Saturday, December 9, 2 pm, District Brew House)

This is the most casual event, and the shortest. The idea is just to meet a few people, sign up for the District Brew House Leaderboard contest (for those who think they might sample 60+ beers over the course of the week), and to grab that all-important last drink that will sustain us through the muster drill! If you haven't signed up yet, just post here and I'll add you to the list. I'll be updating all of my lists until Last Call.

Meet & Greet (Sunday, December 10, Noon, District Brew House)

Our Meet and Greet has been scheduled at the expected time, so we're all set! Typically, food and beer samples have been provided to Meet & Greets on the Escape this fall, so hopefully we'll get the same treatment. :) If you haven't signed up yet and want to join, just let me know how many adults will be going, how many kids, and the ages of the kids. The event will last 55 minutes, and will be followed by the combined Pub/Cabin Crawl.

Pub/Cabin Crawl (Sunday, December 10, 12:55pm, District Brew House)

This event will start after the Meet & Greet, at the District Brew House. Please order your last drink from the District by 12:55, so that it is in your hand and you are ready to go at 1:00pm. We will tour 7 cabins, from Studios to Suites, and 6 bars. At each bar there will be a sample beverage for the drinkers, with virgin cocktails and refreshments for the kids and sober adults. Please don't think you need to be a big drinker to enjoy this event! Yes, those of us who enjoy imbibing will be partaking in the variety of libations available on the Escape, but it is also about meeting new people, checking out the different cabin categories and locations, and getting some exercise while touring the ship that will be our home for the next 6 days. So if you haven't signed up yet, please let me know how many drinkers will be attending and how many non-drinkers will be attending, so that I can request a tray of drinks at each lounge.

As of 11 am on embarkation day, these are the numbers for all of the events I've organized:

e9a605664bbae38e0137200ba8f9f6e5.jpg

jene1108 is organizing the slot pull and will announce the time for that at tomorrow's Meet & Greet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I can now confirm that priority embarkation is absolutely *not* a guaranteed perk for organizing the Meet and Greet. We're in the regular line, but it's moving pretty fast.

347f3728a6ff8ad2af35eac6dd8a8308.jpg

A few more pics from Bayfront Park and the Freedom Tower:

d9ba6b63d525d7f463e774d05d51815c.jpg

f633783c6e3199f326dafbc0d2eed3b0.jpg

33175adcde3a2a90eaa52a500d9b2533.jpg

c03314601509b90a8c1d03e62ec1074d.jpg

And the hotel lobby. This statue was commissioned by the InterContinental before it was built, to be an artistic centerpoint for the hotel.

bf5852839a974a5688439aaee42269d5.jpg

More lobby art. It is Miami Art Basel right now, so the hotel commissioned some awesome interactive art by Claudio Castillo:

https://www.icmiamihotel.com/art-week-hotel

0226e3119d0c1442ec6420383eda29aa.jpg

More us being goofy:

8760617f8727a198aaf3f43517d3a4f0.jpg

48b8fb4ee9ce3a1f09af8d229819d0eb.jpg

View of the Escape from our room this morning. It's the last ship on the right.

2ab3bbb3fa3914df33587361b46ba9c8.jpg

Statue del Gran Libertador!

311bf8d4893a7f8c447053690c297cac.jpg

Memorial statue for the crew of the Challenger:

239cce2bf4d3fbd8e28710e722affdb9.jpg

Hi anonmom,

How are you?

I'm just seeing your post... have been on the Escape since the 2nd... truly apologize... thought I placed requested info on the spreadsheet, when it first came out :(

DD is 15 years old

See you soon!!

Our Meet and Greet has been scheduled at the expected time, so we're all set! Typically, food and beer samples have been provided to Meet & Greets on the Escape this fall, so hopefully we'll get the same treatment. [emoji4] As of noon on December 5, I have 76 adults and 7 kids (6, 9, 10, 10, 13, 15, ? - Txhomeschoolmom, I don't have an age listed for your child)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What happened was that you were so prompt in filling it out that you did it before I even realized kids' ages would be a good thing to collect, LOL!

Hi anonmom,

How are you?

I'm just seeing your post... have been on the Escape since the 2nd... truly apologize... thought I placed requested info on the spreadsheet, when it first came out :(

DD is 15 years old

See you soon!!

Our Meet and Greet has been scheduled at the expected time, so we're all set! Typically, food and beer samples have been provided to Meet & Greets on the Escape this fall, so hopefully we'll get the same treatment. [emoji4] As of noon on December 5, I have 76 adults and 7 kids (6, 9, 10, 10, 13, 15, ? - Txhomeschoolmom, I don't have an age listed for your child)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

"I can now confirm that priority embarkation is absolutely *not* a guaranteed perk for organizing the Meet and Greet."

But there certainly were a few perks I got last time. I believe priority disembarkation was one we got last time....and those chocolate strawberries in the room were awesome! Enjoy the last call before muster!!

Nice! My partner and I are leaving from Miami tomorrow as well (for an 11 day cruise to the southern Caribbean). We also came from Minneapolis and were very happy to leave the cold weather behind! I hope you two enjoy your cruise — I look forward to reading the rest of the reports!