carnival Vista cabins by the IMAX Theater

whyme

we are book on the Vista and our cabins are near the Imax theater ,does anyone have an opinion as to the noise level given off b y the theater when running and what thier operation times are????

I can tell you when walking from the front of the ship on deck 7 to my cabin which was all the way aft in Havana, the rumbling and vibration was very pronounced. I didn’t know what it was at first and then realized it was the theatre. I wouldn’t have a cabin there if the cruise was free. I know not everyone will agree with that statement but that’s how I feel.

As far as the times, they should be listed in the FunTimes. Mine are from March and I’m not sure how much the schedule changes.

• Like 1

Don't do it! I would never book a guarantee room on Vista, either, because I have a strong suspicion the rooms around the IMAX theater are what they assign. I mistakenly booked 10280 and it was awful! Loud bass and booming vibrations when movies are played...and they start a movie around 11pm every night. I learned my lesson the hard way!!

Don't do it! I would never book a guarantee room on Vista, either, because I have a strong suspicion the rooms around the IMAX theater are what they assign. I mistakenly booked 10280 and it was awful! Loud bass and booming vibrations when movies are played...and they start a movie around 11pm every night. I learned my lesson the hard way!!

Thanks for the tip and help appreciate It was a rush thing but have not taken the cabins yet they are on hold

• 2 months later...

So dumb question, but how far away from the IMAX is "far enough" so it isn't noisy? I would love for people who have stayed maybe 8 cabins down to weigh in with how the noise was. We aren't looking into booking Horizon and there are some cabins maybe 6-8 down from the IMAX.

So dumb question, but how far away from the IMAX is "far enough" so it isn't noisy? I would love for people who have stayed maybe 8 cabins down to weigh in with how the noise was. We aren't looking into booking Horizon and there are some cabins maybe 6-8 down from the IMAX.

I stayed in cabin 10238 on the Vista and it was the best location I have ever had on a cruise ship. There was no noise and it was so convenient to go out to the pool deck or buffet area. We never heard anything. I am not sure how it compares to the Horizon though.

When are you sailing? I'm booked 7 cabins down on the May 5th sailing

When are you sailing? I'm booked 7 cabins down on the May 5th sailing

November 11th. I would love to hear how your cabin was and if there was noise. Have a great trip!

I stayed in cabin 10238 on the Vista and it was the best location I have ever had on a cruise ship. There was no noise and it was so convenient to go out to the pool deck or buffet area. We never heard anything. I am not sure how it compares to the Horizon though.

Thank you!!

We were on deck 8 (cabin 8285 - adjacent) and never heard or FELT anything......even when we walked past (which we did with a frequency). I wouldn't take the word of someone who "felt" vibrations walking down the hall, that is far different than being in your cabin and hearing or 'feeling' something. We were just literally kiddy-corner/adjacent from the theatre and we wouldn't have know it was even there. With that being said, JinxyB who was in cabin 10280 was in an interior cabin right ABOVE the theatre - I can believe if you are right ABOVE or BELOW it you would possibly "feel" or maybe even hear some vibrations or noise.

We found it remarkably well insulated and we talked to the crew who worked in the theatre......very few complaints of noise....and I can personally concur. I would stay away from cabins right above it or below it (interior cabins)....but even adjacent cabins were quiet for us.

• 1 year later...

I stayed in room 7292 and my room rattled and shook the entire time the IMAX theater was going. It was insane, I had asked before booking and was told it wasn't a room that was effected by IMAX. That was a false statement. Just FYI. My cruise was in April 2019 on Carnival vista. 

On 3/1/2018 at 11:11 AM, helene109 said:

Are there any balcony’s that are noise free? A little worried we are on deck 8!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi we did the Cloud 9 spa cabin with balcony and we didn't hear anything in the room with the doors closed...and on the balcony it was quiet...

I was in room 7292, and the have odd numbers on one side and even numbers on the other side of elevators. So I would pull up the ships actual layout on Google, it will show you where your room is and the IMAX theater, which goes up several stories. But the actual entrance to the theater is on 7th deck.  And my room was a rocking.....😳

Edited by Dlmurty