Car rental return at Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal?

cbny

We will be cruising out of Fort Lauderdale next month and would like to fly to Miami and rent a car the day before our sailing. However, we need to know if it will be possible to drop off the rental car at or near the cruise terminal in Fort Lauderdale. Have any of you done that or do you know if that is a possibility? Thanks in advance for your help. It is much appreciated.

We will be cruising out of Fort Lauderdale next month and would like to fly to Miami and rent a car the day before our sailing. However, we need to know if it will be possible to drop off the rental car at or near the cruise terminal in Fort Lauderdale. Have any of you done that or do you know if that is a possibility? Thanks in advance for your help. It is much appreciated.

Rental agencies near the port with shuttles:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

• 2 weeks later...
We are also renting our car in Miami and returning it at the Alamo Port Everglades location on Eller Drive. Do you know if they have a shuttle to the port, or will I need to take a taxi?

Last I heard they still have a shuttle, but I would confirm directly with the local office to be sure.

Hi JoninDC, would you know which car rental companiies (in any) offer shuttle service between FLL and Port Everglades? Some years ago every company offered free shuttles. Seems like they are changing things.

Thanks

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Hi JoninDC, would you know which car rental companiies (in any) offer shuttle service between FLL and Port Everglades? Some years ago every company offered free shuttles. Seems like they are changing things.

Thanks

This poster is, as I understand it, asking about shuttles form the airport (FLL, not FFL) to the port. Not from the off site, close to the port sites. I am not current who does and doesn't, but it seems not many do any more.

The solution is to return your car to the off site offices, and probably save a nice sum. 25% in our case.