Regent Navigator review from a Seabourn/Silverseas cruiser.

clarky

OK, let me explain my previous comment. First, my husband always wears his tuxedo on Seabourn on formal nights. On that cruise, there was a couple new to Seabourn. The gentlemen was dressed very nicely in slacks, dress shirt, and a sweater. We were in Antarctica. He did not bring a jacket. They loaned him a jacket which was about 5 sizes too small. Everyone laughed. No one was offended. My point was, if you do not have a jacket, they will not turn you away from the dining room as long as you are dressed nicely.

We mistakenly took a Royal Caribbean cruise last year. Formal nights were advertised as jackets and ties required. Passengers were allowed into the dining room in short shorts and tank tops. We were offended. When we pointed them out to the waitstaff, they said they "snuck in" and there was nothing they could do.

Don't avoid Seabourn because of the formal nights. It is our favorite cruise line. Unfortunately, they have priced themselves out of our comfort zone so we are looking at other cruise lines. We are booked on Regent for our second cruise with them. Though jackets are not required, my husband will be taking jackets because he likes to.

Truly mystified by your response. Don't understand how meeting the dress requirements whether the high or low end is a sad commentary on life today??

So you would wear a tuxedo or ball gown to a bull fight??

If you meet the requirements that is all you have to do. If people meet the requirements there should be no complaints.

Just how far above the minimum requirements does someone have to be to not be a sad commentary on lift today?? Impossible to define and why requirements have a minimum to ensure the dress is acceptable to the cruise line. Anything above the minimum is simply icing on the cake.

+3

I wore jackets and ties my entire work career. I specifically found a cruise line in which it is not required. It is more comfortable for me and easier to pack. If you want to complain about people being let into the dining venues not wearing the standard that Regent had set, I see that and respect that opinion. Just because I only wear a long sleeve collared shirt and slacks to Prime 7 is not a reflection on life today. You may long for the "good old days" when everyone wore a suit and hat on an airplane, and dressed more formally for dinner. If thats what makes you comfortable then great, enjoy and I'm sure you will look great. There are other cruise lines that have that level of dress that would welcome you. To suggest anything else as to societal woes, I just don't see it.

+3. Just because I only wear a long sleeve collared shirt and slacks to Prime 7 is not a reflection on life today.

If you wear a long sleeve collared shirt and slacks to Prime 7, you are dressing above the minimum standard on Regent!

Edited by Travelcat2

As someone who doesn’t often wear jackets (and never ties if I can avoid them), I will sometimes wear a jacket to Prime 7, usually because we’re celebrating a birthday or anniversary or some other event and I prefer to look a bit more ‘decent’...but the main reason I wear a jacket in Prime 7? It’s usually cold in there.