Norwegian Jewel - departing from Sydney, Australia February 2018

vecruiser2017

Good afternoon. I'm a first-time sailor on the Jewel and am reading many unfavorable reviews. Is Norwegian privy to the reviews and are they working on making things better? I'm seeing major complaints about embarkation/customs, tepid and salty food, and very unfriendly/unprofessional ship staff.

Would love feedback! Thank you.

I’ll be trip before you. Second time on Jewel. My first Australia/NZ tour on NCL. As Jewel is fairly new to Australia (as is NCL) I anticipate a few adjustments to ship due to Summer and more Sea days is challange. Most complaints I have seen were really light and not a ship wide complaint. If past is guide I expect a wonderful cruise with good food and wines. I hope they use lots of Australian and New Zealand wines which I love, less California stuff. I take hamf the complaints I hear with grain of salt. I am low salt user and NCL will observe if you mention to waiter your need. Never had discourtious crew.... sometimes a little different as attitudes in downunder are not same as USA. Look for lite humor and hard work from crew. Hope I am right!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ll be trip before you. Second time on Jewel. My first Australia/NZ tour on NCL. As Jewel is fairly new to Australia (as is NCL) I anticipate a few adjustments to ship due to Summer and more Sea days is challange. Most complaints I have seen were really light and not a ship wide complaint. If past is guide I expect a wonderful cruise with good food and wines. I hope they use lots of Australian and New Zealand wines which I love, less California stuff. I take hamf the complaints I hear with grain of salt. I am low salt user and NCL will observe if you mention to waiter your need. Never had discourtious crew.... sometimes a little different as attitudes in downunder are not same as USA. Look for lite humor and hard work from crew. Hope I am right!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate the feedback, and I hope you are right too! Thanks.