Carnival Sunshine Live Journal While On The Ship Dec 17-23

iamchrisstone

Ok, so we had Faster to the Fun. We didn’t get to board the ship till after 11:30. But that’s ok. It was still way earlier than without FTTF so I’m ok. However, I was under the assumption with FTTF your room is ready right away

Curious...did you actually go to your cabin and when you got there you saw or were told it was not ready? We have friends that had FTTF for first time last month and because the hall doors were closed they did not go any further, they were not aware that if you have FTTF you can go through the hall doors to your cabin. We have never not had a cabin ready with FTTF as soon as we boarded so I am curious about the circumstances....

I got frustrated with the Internet so didn't continue my "journal". I'll try to finish it up this week. Any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Also, below is a brief drone video of the Carnival Sunshine. I'll post a more detailed and better video hopefully within a week or so.

2HyvZrbYHWA

I'd love some insights on the teen clubs. How do your kids like them? Is it easy to make friends? What activities have they been up to?

Great questions and the exact same questions that I had!

Yes, they made friends and very quickly. I absolutely recommend going to the meet and greet with them on the first night. Truth is, it was nothing more than a "sign in" for your teens but I felt comfortable with it. They gave me a scheduled and explained everything. Kids sat down by themselves before I left and I was thinking oh great, they are about to sit there together and not talk to anyone.

SEVERAL HOURS LATER...... lol they show up and say they've both made several friends and are doing this and doing that. My girl is extremely shy so this made me happy.

Ok, so we had Faster to the Fun. We didn’t get to board the ship till after 11:30. But that’s ok. It was still way earlier than without FTTF so I’m ok. However, I was under the assumption with FTTF your room is ready right away

Curious...did you actually go to your cabin and when you got there you saw or were told it was not ready? We have friends that had FTTF for first time last month and because the hall doors were closed they did not go any further, they were not aware that if you have FTTF you can go through the hall doors to your cabin. We have never not had a cabin ready with FTTF as soon as we boarded so I am curious about the circumstances....

So, I was under the impression that FTTF gave me my cabin as soon as we got on board and our luggage would be there. I don't know if I mis read something or someone gave me bad information or whatever. But, no. Our cabin was not ready. Our room steward was like man go ahead and put your carry ons in the room. He was cool but our room wasn't ready until they announced for everyone to go to their rooms. My luggage as you read earlier was delayed so that didn't help either. And leaving the ship at the end of the cruise, I felt I didn't benefit from that either. My only true benefit was getting on the ship early. And for the $69, that was still worth it to me. But, then again I'm not much of a complainer so even if it wasn't worth it, I doubt I'd call and complain.

• 2 weeks later...