Online Check in - Can't find where to select port arrival time for check in

LMaxwell

On my last few bookings as soon as I made my deposit I was able to access my booking online and select a port arrival check in window (Staggered Check In). Just made another booking leaving out of Miami, paid deposit, access my booking, but I can't find for the life of me where to select the check in 30 minute slot?!? Help CC!

So odd, I've never had to complete online check in to get that far, it has always been an option on the booking. I'll completely online check in tomorrow I suppose and see if it changes. We usually select 11:30 and arrive 11:30-Noon.

When is your sailing date? Carnival says the appointment times become available around 180 days from sailing. Ours was available around 195 days.

I was just about to post the same thing. On my last two cruises that 180 was pretty close plus or minus 10 days or so.

It’s probably too soon or it hasn’t been released yet. When is your cruise? Neither completed on line check in nor payment in full has anything to do with it. As soon as you have a booking number you can do it by itself if it’s available.

Agree with the above. For our last cruise it was available around 190 days. It can vary by ship and port.

I went through a TA to book a 1-22-18 cruise and site stated I could only get info from Carnival after I paid the final payment. So could not get checkin time until then.

That’s weird and the first I’ve heard of that. Well there’s another reason why not to use a TA for Carnival. The rest of us that book direct get it available immediately.

Since the implimentation of the check in process we never have had to wait for the times to be posted, up until this cruise. Our next cruise is 248 days out and still no times posted. Last year we booked 210 days out and we were able to select a time.

I can do online check in, what I can not do is select a 30 minute time slot to arrive at port for the 'staggered' check in process. I have been able to do this in the past as soon as I have made my booking. Under the guest edit I can select bed setup, dining time, add in special occasion information / medical advisory. I am 327 days out.

On my last few bookings as soon as I made my deposit I was able to access my booking online and select a port arrival check in window (Staggered Check In). Just made another booking leaving out of Miami, paid deposit, access my booking, but I can't find for the life of me where to select the check in 30 minute slot?!? Help CC!

When is your cruise? You may be too early.

Thanks for posting this! We have not sailed since CC began staggered check in, let alone being able to select our check in time. I just checked my reservations and had to click through to online check in, and saw the time selection button. After choosing the earliest time slot (again thanks for the heads up!) I went back to the previous page and the time clot was listed under bed preference and dining selection. Now if only early dining would open up for Us!

That’s weird and the first I’ve heard of that. Well there’s another reason why not to use a TA for Carnival. The rest of us that book direct get it available immediately.

We always book with a TA - normally around 9 months before the sail date. The check-in "button" is not available to anyone until a certain date - for our cruise that was 190 days out. Some are more and some are less.

On our last cruise I checked almost daily. As soon as the "appointment" button was available to ALL cruisers (around 190 days) I took care of picking the time we preferred.

After booking with a TA - the following can be done directly by the passanger --- Choosing a check-in time, scheduling ship sponsored excursions, shopping in the Fun Shops. You can fill out the On-line Checkin anytime up until a few days before sailing.

We always book with a TA - normally around 9 months before the sail date. The check-in "button" is not available to anyone until a certain date - for our cruise that was 190 days out. Some are more and some are less.

On our last cruise I checked almost daily. As soon as the "appointment" button was available to ALL cruisers (around 190 days) I took care of picking the time we preferred.

I thought it was strange and like I said that was the first I heard of it. It may be just their TA that doesn’t allow them access.

I was able to select my check in time 1 1/2 years ago when I booked my cruise coming up this february. They allowed you to choose it when booking even that far out at that time. I haven't done online check in yet. Does anyone think my 10:30 check in will change when I do online check in?

I was able to select my check in time 1 1/2 years ago when I booked my cruise coming up this february. They allowed you to choose it when booking even that far out at that time. I haven't done online check in yet. Does anyone think my 10:30 check in will change when I do online check in?

No, it shouldn’t.

I went through a TA to book a 1-22-18 cruise and site stated I could only get info from Carnival after I paid the final payment. So could not get checkin time until then.

I always use a TA and can pick our check in time around 180-190 days out. Even when I was in a group booking I could still choose the check in time and complete the online check in even though I could not print the luggage tags or documents until about 3 weeks before sailing.