Great time in Puerto Rico December week of the 16th

skivy

Come to San Juan and Puerto Rico and have a super time.

Have no fears as things are progressing incredibly and the people are so thankful for people visiting.

The Forts are up and running. They should never be missed. As impressive as they look outside, they are more impressive and picturesque inside. $7 entrance fee is good for BOTH forts for 2 days. The kite flying and incredible cemetery by El Morro add to the visit.

e58045a575486cc97890a1f0ca153ac8.jpg

Eat at the ChocoBar. (And drink). If you are a chocolate fan, it simply is a must stop location.

5c3d76242506c1b2c3c04058d5748c0a.jpg

If you are staying in Condado, try breakfast at Pinky’s across from La Concha resort/hotel. The drunken pilot was a clear winner for me.

If you are fortunate enough to stay at La Concha, the rooms are more than comfy.

7cbe659f7718b1f30c0afec05281d4d3.jpg

If you are looking for lunch, just down the street is Kabanas. Don’t pass up on the Fish Tacos.

Also stayed at the Best Western Condado Palm and the Wave (boutique hotel). Both clean and comfortable. The Wave rooms are on the small side but the view of the lagoon and hot tubs rooftop make up for it.

A side note, they did not have elevators working yet but there are only 7 floors plus the rooftop. Front desk super hospitable. Call if this may be a concern or perhaps fixed.

Also spent 2 days at the Intercontinental in Isla Verde. If you want that Wow factor in a hotel/resort check this out. Pools, hot tubs and on the beach. Still doing small fixer upper projects but a perfect spot for beach lovers and near the airport.

a93d09d2e77a3cc1db94dace772a35c5.jpg

We also ventured to the west side of the island and stayed at the Holiday Inn in Mayaguez. Very nice rooms and follow up on a temperamental air conditioner was quickly taken care of. Along with follow up by the front desk.

A little far away from the water so will probably will look at places in Rincon next time.

However, eat at González Sea Food Restaurant. We stumbled upon it and was so happy we did. They started us off with a fish and plantain soup. I know, weird combo but OMG so good. We had 4 different fish dishes and were all really happy. It explains all of the cars in the parking lot. To top it off was this perfect sunset

244f295552b80ac78bb5ef53c5641082.jpg

Speaking of Rincon, check out the Lighthouse and Sandy Beach area. Well worth visiting.

Ate at a small restaurant in the middle of town that was without electricity in the dining room and kitchen was run by a generator. They were so appreciative of us stopping by.

Also a must see when visiting the west side is visiting the lighthouse and incredible cliffs of Cabo Rojo. Breathtaking. The last 2 Miles are dirt roads but so worth it.

db35a6da171452c058a5d6795da5592e.jpg

As far as our trip goes the biggest hiccup was 15-25% of traffic signals were not working. So you had to take extra care when approaching intersections. Drivers were extremely courteous about letting cars through or merging. More and more will be working soon as Electric Trucks are everywhere.

A small commentary. The biggest problem with electricity in the island is supplies. The workers we talked to said that if there were materials progress would have been and will be substantially better. There are plenty of workers and a special shout out to Con Edison as their trucks are all over.

I was thanked by so many shop owners and people all over the island for visiting. The cruise ships are back. The hotels are filled with many workers so supply is limited and a little overpriced. I see that changing so check the various travel sites as deals can be found.

Overall, don’t be afraid to come to San Juan and Puerto Rico.

Sorry this was a little long but hopefully it is helpful.

PS: The rainforest, El Yunque is not yet open for visitors and looks to be closed for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for your report! You certainly got around and saw a lot. We will be there the night before our cruise in March and have reservations at El Convento. We were hoping to see the forts so I’m glad to hear they are open. We will probably walk around Old San Juan and admire the architecture.

Did you notice if the trolley was running? It would make things easier. We’re looking forward to our visit

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for your report! You certainly got around and saw a lot. We will be there the night before our cruise in March and have reservations at El Convento. We were hoping to see the forts so I’m glad to hear they are open. We will probably walk around Old San Juan and admire the architecture.

Did you notice if the trolley was running? It would make things easier. We’re looking forward to our visit

Sorry but the trolleys are not currently working. I can’t imagine it taking too much longer as there were 3 cruise ships in the other day and the streets were packed.

Have a great time.

Sorry but the trolleys are not currently working. I can’t imagine it taking too much longer as there were 3 cruise ships in the other day and the streets were packed.

Have a great time.

Thanks! Maybe by March they will be running again. Sounded like a fun way to get around.