What Made You Dislike This Cruise?

asctony

The attitudes shown in this thread are just toxic.

We are entitled to nothing, and should just be grateful that such parties are offered with complimentary drinks etc. Champagne and a non-alcoholic cocktail are offered, which in itself is generous. Yes, as a frequent cruiser the company can show its appreciation for your patronage, but surely this can be seen in simply hosting the party!

I can’t help but feel that no matter what is offered there will always be those who are never satisfied.

The attitudes shown in this thread are just toxic.

We are entitled to nothing, and should just be grateful that such parties are offered with complimentary drinks etc. Champagne and a non-alcoholic cocktail are offered, which in itself is generous. Yes, as a frequent cruiser the company can show its appreciation for your patronage, but surely this can be seen in simply hosting the party!

I can’t help but feel that no matter what is offered there will always be those who are never satisfied.

Fully understand. I see you like the chair instead of a cube. Accept what is in the cabin and be satisfied. LOL I'm calling the kettle black.

Fully understand. I see you like the chair instead of a cube. Accept what is in the cabin and be satisfied. LOL I'm calling the kettle black.

I’m surprised that the Kids Club let you out to attend the Black Card members party!

I’m all for discussing things -the point of this forum-, but you are clearly one of those people who would rather use childish retorts and exaggeration to support whatever weak point you’re making. Reading over my past points to make a moot point is a bit strange don’t you think?

Wishing you all the best on your future cruises; and best of luck to the crew and passengers that interact with you.

I’m surprised that the Kids Club let you out to attend the Black Card members party!

I’m all for discussing things -the point of this forum-, but you are clearly one of those people who would rather use childish retorts and exaggeration to support whatever weak point you’re making. Reading over my past points to make a moot point is a bit strange don’t you think?

Wishing you all the best on your future cruises; and best of luck to the crew and passengers that interact with you.

Thanks for your wishes.

To add to this:

We were in an Aurea cabin category. When I asked for a bar of face soap I was told that I could not have one as the only category that may get a bar of soap was the Yacht Club category. I should use the soap dispenser provided in the Bathroom. Never have I heard of any cruise line or ship not allowing a guest to obtain a bar of soap regardless of category. Have you? This is the truth. Well we did get a bar of soap after the Cabin Stewart cleared it with his Manager. What a joke!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you and yours. Enjoy your cruises!!!

I think you have been misinformed

This is the range of toiletries for the Aurea experience

Cleary a bar of soap is allowed

What we got on Sinfonia in an Aurea Suite

P1010840.jpg

Pete

Starting off with " this is tongue in cheek"

Next time they come around with a tray of snacks, try asking for a Ham and cheese sandwich.

I can not even imagine being at a friends home for a party and asking for and expecting something different than what is being served. If you would do that for a drink, why not ask for a special entre'? Let them know you are more than willing to wait while they prepare it.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!

Yes, we can always have a glitch on a cruise. Some are valid problems, many may not be. It is what you think and what you do that may make it even worse. Unless it affects your safe-being, health or total cruise, enjoy it for what it is.

Cruising has changed over the years. Tips increasing, ships bigger, food quality, etc.

We were on the Divina in Nov 2017. Attended the Black Card Party. They brought drinks around and the wife wanted a Beringer Zinfindel. They ask for our cruise card since that was not being served.

OK, here is my card - what next?

1. Would I have to pay for the cheapest glass of wine on the ship since it wasn't being served at the party?

2. Was it that the server(s) wasn't informed that a request could be honored?

3. Or were they verifying that we were Black Card members even though you had to show your cards upon entering Black and White Lounge?

Never found out the answer for this. Did it upset me? In a way I was surprised at being asked for my Cruise Card. This was done twice that evening by two different servers.

Yes, the next day I did ask the Guest Services Manager of why? Never did get an answer. We had the beverage package so it made no difference. What would have happened if we did not have a beverage package? Would they have charged me for two cheap glasses of wine?

Did it make me not want to cruise on MSC again? No, we are back on the Divina in Feb 2018.

Little things happen, don't make them into big things. JMHO!

I don't understand why would you think they will bring wine for free? :confused: