Suggestions for Miami

Vicjac

Looking for recommendations for Miami hotels. We will be taking a very early flight to FLL and renting a car from Budget for 1 Day (Great Deal). We will drive to a hotel in Miami, I currently have two hotels booked Hampton Inn in Brickell or EB Hotel. Both hotels offer minimal fee for parking. My question is will either of these hotels have a bar to hang out and/or a Great pool area? Is renting a car a good idea or should we just skip that? I figure renting a car will take care of the transfer from FLL to POM and also the FLL to Miami hotel. Should I be looking at other hotels to stay? What are some of the things we can do with the rental car for the day? Looking for restaurant suggestions since we have never stayed in Miami before. Any help would be great. Open to all suggestions. Thank you.

I can't comment about the EB hotel.

Hampton Inn in downtown Miami is a very nice hotel. It is not full service though. Good prices. Includes breakfast. Near many restaurant at Brickell Centre and Mary Brickell Village. OK pool. No bar. Reservation includes a happy hour but you are talking about basic wine, etc.

You can however just walk over to Mary Brickell and/or Brickell Centre and enjoy places to drink and then go to a restaurant or do both at the same place.

Sorry but I can't help with EB.

With the rental car many options. I would check out South Beach. Great place to walk near the beach, people watch, and go for a nice lunch.

For dinner near the hotel many options. We enjoy Perricone's. Italian Restaurant with a wide range of items and unique interior.

http://www.perricones.com

There are many places to choose from in the areas I mentioned. I would say easily 30 to 40 restaurants.

Keith

Keith

You can Uber from FLL to downtown Miami hotels for about $35 and another about $10 Uber will get you to POM the next morning -- how much is your car rental costing you and where are you dropping the car off? :confused:

As for the need for the car it depends on what you want to do. Getting around Miami is easy with an Uber if for only a day or so. And getting around Brickell and Downtown (your hotel area) is even easier, and you can just walk or take the Metromover that is free.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Hampton Inn. However, don't worry about a bar at the hotel, there are tons of bars to pick from in your area. Hampton Inn is in the heart of Miami where your dinning, shopping and drinking options are endless. Its also close to the port, and close to Miami Beach.

For just one day in Miami I would suggest checking out the Downtown/Brickell area and Miami Beach. If you have a car and have time you could check out a few other spots quickly like Wynwood and Little Havana.

As for restaurants the options are endless. Any specifics you are looking for? Latin American food? Seafood? High end? Anything you need to avoid?

Have stayed at both. The EB hotel is beautiful. Really nice restaurant/bar and pool The rooms are perhaps the nicest we have ever stayed at, like a 5 star hotel. The only negative is that the hotel isn't in the heart of Miami. The Hampton on Brickell is in the heart of the city. They have a bar and rooftop pool. Walking distance to everything. Negative, no restaurant (they do offer a complimentary Hampton style breakfast only) and small guest rooms with paper thin walls. We stayed their when a concert was being held in Miami and many drunk people came in way past 1 AM waking us up- not a restful sleep. If you decide on the Hampton, make sure it isn't during a concert weekend. The Hampton also is very fussy about checkin time after 3:PM We were able to check in at the EB around 12:00 noon.