Royal Princess and Regal Princess cabins E125 and E130

Cuizer2

There are photos of this area, if you can find them.

And, yes, it is not 'open', but walled/boxed in on the deck below. So, it is like, hey why not just extend that balcony since it is right there. Otherwise, a standard balcony would be looking at the roof of that area, just below.

I would very highly doubt that this has anything to do with protecting that storage area or equipment that is there below.

I have looked into these cabins, just out of curiosity. I did not like that you really do not have an unobstructed front/forward view from these forward cabins. There is like the metal wall / bulkhead just forward of these cabins. Where Deck 8 is more recessed, except for those first most forward cabins.

For larger/extended balconies, look at those midship angled (or straight) balconies.

You can go to RESEARCH, clicking above, click SHIPS, then REGAL PRINCESS... then select to view photos.

Click to see the Exterior Photos... There are a couple there that will show you how this extended balcony is situated.

It appears that Deck 8 is recessed, and not out even with the decks above, so the cabins here would have a deeper overhang. This should cover that extended area. But, because of this, you can see how the very most forward cabins, five cabins forward of these, are not recessed.. so the forward view would have that wall or bulkhead there. A lot of white metal, and also maybe utility stuff, etc. also just below on Deck 7.

Edited by Wishing on a star

I was double checking, and it might not be that Deck 8 is recessed at all?? But, just that the forward area and cabins extend out.

You can go on you tube and look for a video of Regal cabin D216. A few minutes in, when they go out on the balcony, you will see the extended cabin on Deck 8 below. Deck 8 is not recessed there at all??? the extended part of those two balconies looks to be un-covered.

Edited by Wishing on a star

I was double checking, and it might not be that Deck 8 is recessed at all?? But, just that the forward area and cabins extend out.

Anyhow, hopefully you will be able to find some photos that will show!

You mean like this ...

i-XzjfTKw-L.jpg

i-kCppj8r-L.jpg

i-DkLBzWL-L.jpg

• Like 1