Guaranty cabin

skoscins

We have a guarantee on Carnival's Legend in Feb. Is there a way to check (daily, weekly, sometime) to see if we've been assigned a cabin? When I called they said to ask my TA (not always easy to reach and certainly wouldn't appreciate my calling every day) but that assignments are usually made just a couple of days before sailing. That's not what I'm reading here.

I know others have commented on how to check cabin # by going to where you order gifts, etc., but I've tried everything I've seen and can't get in. When I get to the gift page it won't let me do anything without the cabin # as well as the booking number.

Anybody have any other ideas?

When are you sailing? SInce you are in a GTY cabin, they will not assign it until after the final payment is due. I booked a 8A GTY for my last cruise and the day after the final payment was due I did the gift purchase thing and found that I was in an 8C.

scoskins Keep in mind that any assignment you eventually do see is subject to change right up until boarding. That said, 1. Sign in on Carnival.com and then go to the Funpass page, fill it out if you have not already. 2. From the Funpass page, click on the Order Gifts link (one of four options). 3. Look at the URL in your browser bar, you will see your booking and "cabin=GUAR" at the end of the string. When you get an assignment, it should show up there. Earliest is ~50 days before sailing, after you have made full payment.

When are you sailing? SInce you are in a GTY cabin, they will not assign it until after the final payment is due. I booked a 8A GTY for my last cruise and the day after the final payment was due I did the gift purchase thing and found that I was in an 8C.

Sorry Wanman, that's not exactly true. I haven't made our final payment for our upcoming cruise in March, but we have been assigned cabins for our guarantee bookings. I booked directly with Carnival; I don't know if that has any impact.

Tried again and still got nothing important in the URL. Kept trying again and again. Finally I saw a small notice up in the corner about popups being blocked. I unblocked and could finally see it. Still an =GTY, but now I can keep looking!

We have a guarantee on Carnival's Legend in Feb. Is there a way to check (daily, weekly, sometime) to see if we've been assigned a cabin? When I called they said to ask my TA (not always easy to reach and certainly wouldn't appreciate my calling every day) but that assignments are usually made just a couple of days before sailing. That's not what I'm reading here.

I know others have commented on how to check cabin # by going to where you order gifts, etc., but I've tried everything I've seen and can't get in. When I get to the gift page it won't let me do anything without the cabin # as well as the booking number.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Why do you want to know? Half of the fun of booking a guarantee cabin is finding out where you are when you board the ship. If you find out before hand, it is like opening a present early. It ruins the fun.

I booked two inside guarantees for March and as of right now we are both upgraded to 5A's side by side. We have not made final payment yet. Hoping for a bigger upgrade, but for the price (military), I would be happy sleeping on the buffet!

Why do you want to know? Half of the fun of booking a guarantee cabin is finding out where you are when you board the ship. If you find out before hand, it is like opening a present early. It ruins the fun.
Yes, for some people. But it is kinda like knowing if the baby is a boy or a girl...some want to know and plan ahead and others want to be surprised.

Go to the Carnival website. Then click on my reservation. If your reservation is not there add it. Click on the Book/Modify button. It will be there if it has been assigned. Then simply exit out. You don't have to make a change when you click on the Book/Modify button.
Note that this method will NOT work if you booked with a Travel Agent, the Book/Modify page and button is only accesible to people who book directly with Carnival.

Yes, I have read some, as I mentioned, about how to go to the funpass registration area and at the end of the process click on gifts and they will tell me the cabin. But that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

go to the carnival web page. scroll to the bottom and click on funpass.

(your fun pass MUST be completed) fill inthe information.

last name/booking number/ship and date.

next page will give you an otion to print funpass or view gifts.

view gifts. click on anything at all and add it to your cart. once you add it toyour cart--you scroll down and see your cabinnumber OR something else.

Remember this does not work til after final payment and at least 45 days before sailing... so lets not tie up the site if its not your turn.

Carnival is on to us and changes when we hog up thier servers.

Now if you booked with Carnival-- thats an easier way.

I booked two inside guarantees for March and as of right now we are both upgraded to 5A's side by side. We have not made final payment yet. Hoping for a bigger upgrade, but for the price (military), I would be happy sleeping on the buffet!

how do you know this already? I am wondering since you booked with a militarty discount are you not just given cabin numbers? I did not know that booking with this dsicount we could get a guarnatee instead.

Usually gauarantee cabins are not set until after final payment.

(also, are you aware that a guarantee can change up til sailing?

and if you know ahead of time and did NOT get upgraded at least you have time to get over being disappointed. I;d rather that happen before i left on a cruise.

What I have noticed is that they assign the cabins when the ship is close to being sold out. For my Hawaii cruise in April the cabins were assigned a couple of weeks ago. I believe all the guarantees were assigned because our party had 4 and they all got assigned. I used the funpass gift order method. Booked 8a got 8i.

Thanks for the advice everyone... I just did this and found out our 2 cabins were upgraded from an 8A guarantee to an 8C.

We're still 42 days out, and realize this can change. Kinda hope it will-am a little anxious being under Lido buffet during breakfast hours, lol. Won't complain if it goes up or down though, am happy either way.

I decided to give the peek-a-boo a try again... First time I went through it, I couldn't see anything and thought everyone on here was nuts. :D The above post about blocking pop-ups worked, though, lol. Never realized that one! :o

and if you know ahead of time and did NOT get upgraded at least you have time to get over being disappointed. I;d rather that happen before i left on a cruise.

As I believe you yourself have told other people, you need to book the minimum you will be happy with. The guarantee is for for the cabin category you book, not for the upgrade. If you do not get upgraded you should not be disappointed. If you are disappointed, then you booked too low of a guarantee category.

Archived