Barcelona

LauraJH7788

• 1 month later...

My husband and I are coming into Barcelone June 10 from the NCL Epic and staying at Hotel Suizo in the Gothic Quarter (right by Hotel Colon) for 2 nights before flying out. This thread is very helpful! Does anyone here have any experience with Hotel Suizo and things to do around there? We'll have been travelling for almost 3 weeks at this point so we'll be looking for relaxing things to do.

I'm also looking for fantastic restaurants (hopefully not crazy expensive) as hubby and I love to experience good local food. I do see there's a fresh food market close by. Is that worth stopping at?

My preference are the hotels run by the Catalonia hotel and resorts chain. They have two hotels near the barcelona cathedral that are both on non-busy streets. The also have a hotel just above Placa de Cataluyna. Several folks also recommend Hotel Lleo just adjacent to the Placa towards Universitat metro. Also recommended is Hotel St. Moritz above the Placa on a less busy street. I tend to prefer less busy areas off busy streets. Suizo could be noisy because its on very busy Via Leitana, but it's set back a block.

Suizo leaves you very close to Picasso Museum and is great for walking around El Born district ( many restaurants by foot) as well as the Cathedral and Las Ramblas heading the other direction.