Uber or Car Service/Limo

duegwb

All are good options.

If I wanted to know that the vehicle was right there at a schedule time and waiting for me I would book one in advance.

If I was not sure what time I wanted to leave and just wanted to do it a little more spontaneously I would use Uber or Lyft.

I would also look at pricing and that might be a factor as well.

Keith

For how many? :confused? UberX & Lyft are good for 2-3 plus normal bags -- 4+ passengers and you'll need UberXL at about twice the fare ($35 compared to about $70). Private car service will run about $100,

Your call! :)

Instead of starting a new thread, maybe I can ask a few related questions.

If anyone has used UBER to get from POM to FLL, can you tell me your experience? I've never used UBER, but really want to try it for the first time. Also, awhile back somebody posted a discount code. If anyone has one and wouldn't mind posting it, I would appreciate it. Would an UBER X be needed for two people with carry-on sized bags?

For how many? :confused? UberX & Lyft are good for 2-3 plus normal bags -- 4+ passengers and you'll need UberXL at about twice the fare ($35 compared to about $70). Private car service will run about $100,

Your call! :)

It's just my wife and I. I also just found an app that works along with Uber/Lyft called Uzurz. You can prearrange a ride for a specific date and time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

You can use my code: johnb13999ue

Uber is easy and the wait at POM is usually under 5 min; UberX will fit your party and bags and the fare to FLL should be about $35. The ride takes about 40-50 min.

If an old dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft you can do it -- there are lots of You Tube videos showing your the set up process -- have a great cruise!

Like your "old Dinosaur" comment! Never used Uber, but considering it in a couple weeks. Will need to get from Ft. L. Airport to a hotel on N. Federal Way and it looks like Uber would be less expensive. My cruise buddy has the smart phone, so I'm doing the research for her. I've seen some posts that you can pay cash rather than credit card, is that true? I know she would prefer that to giving a card.

Thanks

Debr

Thanks! I will save that code. I guess I am a bit nervous about trying it for the first time, but it really will be best for me this trip. Taxis are more expensive and the ship's busses require waiting until they are full, which will waste time. I know after I use it for the first time, I will probably use it all of the time.

I just started using Uber this year and it actually worked out well, though still makes me nervous lol, so I get where you're coming from. When getting picked up at POM last month realized there is a place in the app to add note to give further details such as description of clothing you're wearing. Can be a madhouse of people so my big concern was the car finding us and vice versa. The drivers' often text when on the way so there can be an opportunity to exchange info like that. It actually does work out quite well.

I just started using Uber this year and it actually worked out well, though still makes me nervous lol, so I get where you're coming from. When getting picked up at POM last month realized there is a place in the app to add note to give further details such as description of clothing you're wearing. Can be a madhouse of people so my big concern was the car finding us and vice versa. The drivers' often text when on the way so there can be an opportunity to exchange info like that. It actually does work out quite well.

That’s a good tip about what you are wearing. I know my travel buddy isn’t going to want to use her credit card, can you pay with cash?

Debr

That’s a good tip about what you are wearing. I know my travel buddy isn’t going to want to use her credit card, can you pay with cash?

Debr

Credit card only. Just the way of today with these service based apps. It is very convenient to have to card info loaded ahead and not have to worry about handling the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am flying into Fort Lauderdale airport on Saturday and cruising out of POM on Sunday. I reached out to Quality Limo Service for a quote and they replied they are not available. I also reached out to Jiffy Jet, who has informed me they have a minimum charge of $120. Looks like I'll be Ubering it.

I am flying into Fort Lauderdale airport on Saturday and cruising out of POM on Sunday. I reached out to Quality Limo Service for a quote and they replied they are not available. I also reached out to Jiffy Jet, who has informed me they have a minimum charge of $120. Looks like I'll be Ubering it.

We have used SAS a few times for $15 per person. Always on time and very good service.

http://Www.ridesas.com

Go Airport, based at the FLL airport, is another option for shared shuttle service.

Wearing distinctive clothing to make it easier for your Uber/Lyft driver to find you in the crowd is a good idea, but that neon pink Hawaiian shirt will just blend into the crowd in south FLA ;)