Pricing question regarding the Bliss

dans0202

Having just returned from the Getaway I thought I would check the Bliss pricing for next Christmas. Talk about sticker shock. NCL for both the Bliss and Getaway are asking about 300 more pp than the Alure or the Harmony. Normally it's the other way around. It looks like Royal is running a special right now. I know prices rarely come down but I am going to wait and see what happens. I assume NCL has done some research to estimate the market but with Royal running 3 Oasis class ships in the Carribean next December and NCL adding another Breakaway plus ship as well that is a lot a extra cabins to fill. It will be interesting to see where pricing goes over the next few months. Would like to hear other peoples opinions on where the market goes from here.

Having just returned from the Getaway I thought I would check the Bliss pricing for next Christmas. Talk about sticker shock. NCL for both the Bliss and Getaway are asking about 300 more pp than the Alure or the Harmony. Normally it's the other way around. It looks like Royal is running a special right now. I know prices rarely come down but I am going to wait and see what happens. I assume NCL has done some research to estimate the market but with Royal running 3 Oasis class ships in the Carribean next December and NCL adding another Breakaway plus ship as well that is a lot a extra cabins to fill. It will be interesting to see where pricing goes over the next few months. Would like to hear other peoples opinions on where the market goes from here.

When pricing be sure to calculate the value of any perk that NCL gives you versus the cost of purchasing that package on another line. As an example, if you take the UBP on NCL, the costs of a similar package on another line can be over $500. IN other words make sure that the total you are going to pay is going to be less on another line before assuming that NCL's prices are higher than the others.

Was doing the same comparison out of NY/NJ for next holiday and noticed the same thing.

Felt Royal had been higher for a while, but Royal was now cheaper even adding the xtra dollars for ncl included perks.

You do have to be careful with Royal since they do have a cheaper rate with a non-refundable deposit. Royal was much cheaper with the non-refundable rate, but still hundreds less on the refundable.

Hopefully ncl will run the promo in January with free port taxes since this deal has some of the best deals I have seen.

I booked the Bliss for Feb 2019. Two B8s for the five of us. I really wanted Harmony and to return to RCCL but the price on RCCL, while was less for the cruise fare, by the time I factored in the UBP and soda for the kids, as well as speciality dining, NCL was less. I keep watching both for sales.