What Happens to Future Cruise Credit Applied to a Booking ...

2552phxcrzr

if we have to cancel the cruise we had it applied to after final payment ... we are already within the 60 days when there will be no refund from Oceania.

My husband will need to have surgery later this month and we will be unable to go on the cruise we have booked for February 8. We received a hefty future cruise credit from Oceania for some issues we had on the RTW cruise this year and applied that credit to this cruise before final payment.

My gut instinct says that we lose the future cruise credit since it reduced the total amount we ended up paying for the cruise. But this is the first time we've had this come up for us. We have insurance that will recoup what we paid out of pocket, so I am not concerned about that. I'll be working with my agent to cancel the cruise, but wanted to educate myself as to the FCC situation before calling her.

That is a good question. It is up to O on a specific case by case. We had a credit because of the Insignia fire. We booked a cruise and later changed our mind due work conflicts. O did allow a one time transfer of this amount (25%) to another cruise. Work with your travel agent best suggestion.

That is a good question. It is up to O on a specific case by case. We had a credit because of the Insignia fire. We booked a cruise and later changed our mind due work conflicts. O did allow a one time transfer of this amount (25%) to another cruise. Work with your travel agent best suggestion.

Thanks. I’m not sure a transfer would work at this late stage, but like you said, MMV on a case by case basis. I have a call into my travel agent, so we’ll see what happens.

if we have to cancel the cruise we had it applied to after final payment ... we are already within the 60 days when there will be no refund from Oceania.

My husband will need to have surgery later this month and we will be unable to go on the cruise we have booked for February 8. We received a hefty future cruise credit from Oceania for some issues we had on the RTW cruise this year and applied that credit to this cruise before final payment.

Sorry to hear about your husband and hope he will be well soon.

Also hope that things with the credit work out OK.

Sorry to hear about your husband and hope he will be well soon.

Also hope that things with the credit work out OK.

Thanks ... His prognosis is excellent ... it's just that the timing stinks from a departure standpoint. If not for the holidays causing delays with doctor's consultations and such, we likely would have been able to continue with our plans ... at least for the cruise portion. Oh well ... getting healthy trumps these plans, but we have other travels later in the year that we can look forward to.