Bit of advice for those using Port of Miami parking

lucywestie

So we just got home after 10 day cruise out of Miami. We parked there last year and had no issues with the truck and security etc.

This year on arrival we were cruising with NCL which would be the farthest terminal from downtown Miami. When we arrived though there was apparently some special event planned for later that night and they had blocked off the garage for cruise ship passengers and we were forced to use the one about 300 metres away. No biggie in the scheme of things but if you have difficulties walking etc. it will be a long struggle in the 28c heat they were experiencing that day.

But I digress....my advice is that if you intend to pay cash using the ticket machines in the parking garage then make sure you carry either older $100 bills or just smaller older bills. Our parking ticket was $220 and it wouldnt accept any brand new $100 bills and I didnt have enough in smaller bills to make up the difference. They do have credit card capability I believe but as stated above..my wife was waiting at the terminal and i was over 300 metres away trying to pay!! There was ticket collector in one of the booths as you left the garage but it was hard to see if anyone was in the booth when i was walking up to my truck. I know they do say that the garage exits are all manned on cruise days, but just some advice in case you want to do the ticket machine route.

MSC was using the terminal for the night for their big naming ceremony because they also wanted to have a MSC Cargo Ship parked right in from of it and there was a huge white AC enclosed tent set up outside for us for the events. At 2 am they moved to their normal terminal of everyone to get off the ship the next day.

Thanks for the heads up about the machines not taking the newer bills.