Non alcoholic drinks for teens

shanley

I have a teen who likes lattes and virgin frozen cocktails. From my research it seems like neither of these are part of the pop program on NCL. Approximately how much do they cost?

How much is a pop? Just trying to figure out if the pop program is worth while, or if she should just pay for each drink. She would probably be fine with pop and regular coffee.

My husband and I have the UBP promo. And this does not include lattes and other coffee drinks either, correct?

I have only once had a beverage package and it was on RCCL and it included everything including oj and bottled water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The soda program costs $6,50 per day. A soda can costs $2,25 so if she drinks more than two sodas per day it is useful. Soda's included are: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt Dew, Club soda, ginger ale.

No speciality coffees are included in your package either as you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The soda program costs $6,50 per day. A soda can costs $2,25 so if she drinks more than two sodas per day it is useful. Soda's included are: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt Dew, Club soda, ginger ale.

No speciality coffees are included in your package either as you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it's $7.50 USD now. Normally she wouldn't drink more than one soda a day, but if I let her she probably would. At $2.25 I might just pay for drinks.

Does NCL have free flavoured water in the buffet? We drank a lot of it on RCCL cruises.

I don't remember flavored water, there was some strawberry/kiwi drink at the buffet. My kids and I got the virgin Miami Vice and mud slides. last cruise my DH and I had the UBP and I did get my Virgin drinks for free but we paid for the kids drinks since they had the soda package.

Sometimes you will luck out. If we ordered drinks as a family on the Escape this past summer they never charged our kids for virgin versions of the drinks. They may have just used the two drinks per person to get around it however they also only used my card to ring it up. Not sure if they would have done that if we all didn't have drink packages. Happened every time we ordered together all over the ship.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Sometimes you will luck out. If we ordered drinks as a family on the Escape this past summer they never charged our kids for virgin versions of the drinks. They may have just used the two drinks per person to get around it however they also only used my card to ring it up. Not sure if they would have done that if we all didn't have drink packages. Happened every time we ordered together all over the ship.

I'm not looking to cheat the system but if they are giving them to me without charge, I'll be ok with it.

I don't think I'll buy her the soda package as she likes the buffet drinks that are listed above.

I'm not looking to cheat the system but if they are giving them to me without charge, I'll be ok with it.

I don't think I'll buy her the soda package as she likes the buffet drinks that are listed above.

With us we never asked about it. My wife and I rarely drink but had the UBP included with our fair. Our kids liked what we ordered and started asking for the same thing. I did not even think about it and let them order them. It was not until after the cruise I learned that the virgin frozen drinks were not a part of the soda package but learned a lot of the time NCL did not charge for them when ordered together such as at lunch or dinner. I always order them a soda package. Figure why worry about it. We are on vacation and if they order more then normal it is not going to matter. If they order fewer then yes NCL got a little more but to me not worrying about costs is worth a few extra dollars a day

I've ordered virgin frozen drinks for my son, while he is standing beside me, and the bartenders always put it on my card so that the UBP covers it. I don't ask for this, and I've even offered to pay and been turned down. Others' mileage may vary, but this has been my experience the 3 or 4 times I've done it.

I think it's $7.50 USD now. Normally she wouldn't drink more than one soda a day, but if I let her she probably would. At $2.25 I might just pay for drinks.

Does NCL have free flavoured water in the buffet? We drank a lot of it on RCCL cruises.

Yes, strawberry kiwi and mango. Also, lemonade, iced tea, coffee and water. At breakfast, juices and milk are available also.

I've ordered virgin frozen drinks for my son, while he is standing beside me, and the bartenders always put it on my card so that the UBP covers it. I don't ask for this, and I've even offered to pay and been turned down. Others' mileage may vary, but this has been my experience the 3 or 4 times I've done it.

We had the same experience. We would order pineapple juice or virgin mudslides for our son with our drinks and were never charged.

We had the same experience. We would order pineapple juice or virgin mudslides for our son with our drinks and were never charged.

Another one who had the same experience. Many times our cards would only be run through the system if alcohol was involved.

That said, if your daughter will ordering using her card, she will get charged.