Adventure Bound Tracy Arm

ebrasl

I am thinking about taking the Adventure Bound boat to Tracy Arm. I have two 10 year olds that will be with me. Has anyone done this with children? They are good kids and like adventures and scenary but a 10 hour trip seems like perhaps a bit much. Thoughts?

This is so hard! There is a time at the beginning of the sailing and at the end of the sailing that is "Alaska scenery" and not as impressive as the good parts. Though Capt Steve will also stop when there are whales or bears to observe. He is all about the experience.

Most people will bring a book or headphones to pass this time. Most of the day is very scenic but not the very beginning and very end.

Only you know what your kids are like an if they can play a video game or read a book during these times.

It is an amazing excursion and each time I have gone, I have seen more whales than a whale watching experience (which I have done many times) and a bear each time. These are not guaranteed but others post similar results. Plus, the cost is similar to a 2 hour whale watching excursion.

This ranks as my all time favorite excursion.

Only you can decide how your kids would handle this. Do they handle car rides OK?

BTW - they have lunch on board that you can buy that is quite reasonable (they will make you sandwiches and have coffee/hot chocolate/soda to buy. They don't care if you bring your own food (what locals do).

With you asking this question, could mean that you know this type of touring may not be a good match with the kids. I don't find anything "lacking" during this sailing but it is natural, scenic beauty,that kids sometimes don't appreciate. My Adventure Bound trips, have not been near any whale watching sighting stats for whales that I have experienced. So, I would never claim any comparison.

It is a long day, on a small boat that you will have no way out.