Flying into FLL cruise in MIA hotel question for precruise

dis2cruise

hi we have always stayed In Fll for our pre cruise however there's a festive going on in Fll and the hotel prices are crazy. So, is there a hotel in Miami That would pick us up in Fll and brings us to the hotel in Miami ? If not, is there

A car/bus service you could recommend.

My experience is that hotels in Fort Lauderdale will be less expensive then Miami.

I am not aware of any hotel in Miami that provides a shuttle service to/from Fort Lauderdale.

For transport you could take a shared shuttle but maybe also consider Uber or Lyft.

Keith

UberX or Lyft - good for 2-3 passenger and bags - will get you from FLL to downtown Miami hotels for about $35 If you have a bigger group you'll need UberXL or a minivan taxi - fare should be closer to $70

It is about a 30-45+ minute drive from FLL to downtown Miami - I know of no Miami hotel that will pick you up and transport you from FLL

How many people? What time of year?

Usually if hotel prices are expensive in Ft. Lauderdale they will be in Miami too. That being said, its worth a shot looking.

But no, there are no hotels that offer FLL pick ups in Miami. For 2-4 people with little baggage or 2-3 people with large luggage usually an Uber X is fine and its around $35 depending where in Miami you are going.

More than that you would look into a shared shuttle or spend more on an Uber XL.

UberX or Lyft should work, unless someone in your party packs like my wife :eek: Lots of good downtown Miami hotels to choose from -- some include a view of the port, which is a great way to start your cruise day off! :cool:

hi all...

3 adults in April yes, I normally stay in FLL for pre-cruise

But their is a music festival that's brings thousands of people from what I saw in the photos and hotel prices.

Guessing we will take an uber.

You must be coming in when it's Tortuga Festival in Fort lauderdale. And that absolutely drives up the hotel prices, the traffic and the noise.

There are many recommendations for car services from FLL on the board and I have never heard of any hotel offering transfers from FLL to Miami. Uber or Lyft is always a great option as others have already mentioned.

Brightline Train is about to come on-line shortly and that will soon be another option to get from Fort lauderdale airport to downtown Miami on new beautiful trains in 30 minutes. So if you are staying in the downtown area, this may be something to check into once the FLL Miami run starts.