Miami hotels

tsxgray1

I would recommend the Hampton Inn.

It is located about one mile further then the port from Holiday Inn but still only 15 minutes from the port.

Its a nice hotel, pricing is good and it includes a nice breakfast and wine in the evening.

It's located within an easy walk of lots of restaurants and stores.

Keith

I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the port of Miami-suggestions please?

When do you travel and what is your budget? :confused:

Your "reasonable" might be my splurge.

South FLA hotel rates vary wildly by the season - the $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in August.

Flying in? Driving? How many days? Honeymoon? Travelling with kids? A few more details will help the suggestions to be closer to your target. ;)

Without knowing any other details my suggestions would be Holiday Inn in Downtown Miami, YVE Hotel or Hampton Inn Brickell.

Just take a look at hotels in Downtown Miami and Brickell area. These are all very close to the port.

Yes prices will be higher end of February.

I do recommend the Hampton Inn over the Holiday Inn but do look at both of these.

There are several others that come to mind but they will be at a higher price so I would start there.

Keith

I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the port of Miami-suggestions please?

For younger cruisers(under 40), younger couples and solo cruisers:

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Rock Hostel in South Beach. I just did a solo cruise and stayed there for 1 night pre-cruise. My travel was delayed and I didn't arrive until 2am but it was fine because the hostel has 24/7 front desk attendants! :cool: I think I paid ~$23 USD for my stay. They have private rooms and dorm rooms, so you can pay more or less than I did. I was in a 6-bed female dorm room; there were only 2 others in the room and then me, which was awesome! The dorm room has an en suite bathroom and changing room and linens and towels are provided!

When I got up the next day to head to the port, it was quick and easy to get an Uber and he got me there quickly with a price of $11.64 USD.

Hope this helps someone!! Happy planning & smooth sailing! :)

• 5 months later...
I would recommend the Hampton Inn.

It is located about one mile further then the port from Holiday Inn but still only 15 minutes from the port.

Its a nice hotel, pricing is good and it includes a nice breakfast and wine in the evening.

It's located within an easy walk of lots of restaurants and stores.

Keith

Hi we're looking for a day room post cruise for 5.10 pm MIA flight. Preferably within easy walking distance of restaurants and stores. Which Hampton Inn would you recommend ? Near the port or Dolphin Mall area?

Thanks

Hi we're looking for a day room post cruise for 5.10 pm MIA flight. Preferably within easy walking distance of restaurants and stores. Which Hampton Inn would you recommend ? Near the port or Dolphin Mall area?

Thanks

For day rooms you'll have better luck near the MIA airport - try Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and other nearby hotels; there's a local strip mall nearby with dining options. There is a hotel inside of MIA - cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel - that offers day rates (but no pool :( )

www.between9and5.com and www.hotelsbyday.com are two sources to check. It will all depend upon demand and availability.

I would also look at www.resortpass.com for hotels offering just access to their pool/beach/spa facilities, or rent a car and put the bags in the trunk.

Good luck! :)

Thanks

If the one near the port offers day rooms, take that one over Dolphins Mall. No question.