List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

3 hours ago, HLR said:

Hey guys! What's the scoop on Enchantment of the Seas Royal Caribbean? The excel sheet has "Yes"  Free Entry to steam and a "No" Free Entry for the sauna....yet there are notes about the sauna....Hmmm?

Howard

Both were removed when Enchantment was lengthened years ago. All the other Vision class ships (Vision, Rhapsody, Grandeur) have a free sauna and steam room. 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:51 PM, natefish95 said:

Both were removed when Enchantment was lengthened years ago. All the other Vision class ships (Vision, Rhapsody, Grandeur) have a free sauna and steam room. 

Well....poo! Did Enchantment get a "Thermal Spa"?

On 7/22/2022 at 9:33 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

Enchantment was extended well before anyone was doing thermal suites. All there is, apparently, is a steam shower in the fitness center locker room.

Yes!!!! Now I remember that! Thank you for jogging my memory. I sailed on her after the extension and could not figure out why I didn't remember the steam and sauna. Yes...."Steam Showers".

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I’m excited to be cruising again soon and hoping to meet some friendly guys in the sauna/steam room. 😉

I booked the following cruises. Anyone else planning to go as well? I purchased the thermal suite pass in advance on the NCL Dawn. 

NCL Dawn Sept. 25, 2022 - British Isles 

Diamond Princess Apr. 20, 2023 - Japan

Also, if anyone wants to chat about their sauna/steam room experiences via email let me know. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 5:10 PM, sailerjosh22 said:

Hey everyone, I’m excited to be cruising again soon and hoping to meet some friendly guys in the sauna/steam room. 😉

I booked the following cruises. Anyone else planning to go as well? I purchased the thermal suite pass in advance on the NCL Dawn. 

NCL Dawn Sept. 25, 2022 - British Isles 

Diamond Princess Apr. 20, 2023 - Japan

Also, if anyone wants to chat about their sauna/steam room experiences via email let me know. 

Is the thermal suite on the Dawn like the Jewel class shops where it is a central coed area and then separate men's and women's areas on the right and left? I liked that a lot on the Gem.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:11 PM, HLR said:

Is the thermal suite on the Dawn like the Jewel class shops where it is a central coed area and then separate men's and women's areas on the right and left? I liked that a lot on the Gem.

Yup, there is the coed area with sauna and steam room in the mens and womens change room. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, rrraydon said:

Is this list up to date? 

I don’t see the Anthem of the Seas or the Odyssey of the Seas on there at all. Or the Carnival Sunshine.  😞 

The Google spreadsheet is open to the public and available to you to edit respectfully. In other words, you can add a new row where you see it necessary. Recommendation is to simply right click on a record number and then choose to add a row above or below. Then just fill it in!

On 9/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, rrraydon said:

Is this list up to date? 

I don’t see the Anthem of the Seas or the Odyssey of the Seas on there at all. Or the Carnival Sunshine.  😞 

Each ship is up to date with known information as of the the date at the end of each ship. (ie- verified 8/4/22) All three ships were listed as of your post. (not necessarily complete info on them posted)  Best viewed on a desktop or laptop.

9 hours ago, 2cruiseluvrs said:

The Google spreadsheet is open to the public and available to you to edit respectfully. In other words, you can add a new row where you see it necessary. Recommendation is to simply right click on a record number and then choose to add a row above or below. Then just fill it in!

I suggest if someone has an addition/correction to the spreadsheet to post it here. I had to reinstall an earlier version of the database as it had completely disappeared this morning except for for the HAL ships.

Please, if you are unfamiliar with using the database functions, view it only.

Edited by ShipWalker

7 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Each ship is up to date with known information as of the the date at the end of each ship. (ie- verified 8/4/22) All three ships were listed as of your post. (not necessarily complete info on them posted)  Best viewed on a desktop or laptop.

I suggest if someone has an addition/correction to the spreadsheet to post it here. I had to reinstall an earlier version of the database as it had completely disappeared this morning except for for the HAL ships.

Please, if you are unfamiliar with using the database functions, view it only.

Heck… apparently, I’m unfamiliar with even viewing it! 😆 

I did get a confirmation from a couple who were on the Carnival Sunshine last week and they still have the complimentary sauna/steam room. However, the men’s was not working at that time. 

• 5 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, robbycruises said:

So glad that Carnival so far is mostly bucking the trend and keeping these on the existing ships so far at least. One of my favorite activities on a cruise or elsewhere is relaxing in the steam/sauna.

Robby, you are so right about that. Maybe that's why Carnival is know as the "Fun Ship". 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HLR said:

Does anyone have information about the steam and sauna on the QM 2? Nothing is listed on the spread sheet. I know there is Canyon Ranch Spa....but what about free?

Howard

Howard,

Everything is Co-ed and I think for a fee except the men's changing room/showers. No single sex anything except the locker room.  Very disappointing for an ocean liner that does TA's!!

14 hours ago, iramack said:

Howard,

Everything is Co-ed and I think for a fee except the men's changing room/showers. No single sex anything except the locker room.  Very disappointing for an ocean liner that does TA's!!

Darn....  Thanks for the info! In addition....you can only go the spa for 2 hours a day....and you have to reserve it? I don't know when I am going to events and things....how would one reserve prior to getting the daily schedule? Hmmm... Oh well....

5 hours ago, HLR said:

Darn....  Thanks for the info! In addition....you can only go the spa for 2 hours a day....and you have to reserve it? I don't know when I am going to events and things....how would one reserve prior to getting the daily schedule? Hmmm... Oh well....

No Restrictions of any kind that I can recall from my TA cruise in 2016