List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

7 hours ago, MitchYngMuscleDad said:

I am booked on June 15th, before I booked a specially asked if there were separate male and female sauna/steam rooms, and they said yes. If there is no men's sauna is there a steam room? If so how large? If I book the day spa are there separated cavities there?

Thank you Mitch 

What ship?

Hi, Dan56.

Re Pullmantur Horizon, can you tell me if the sauna you mention is set up for good conversation and is it well used?  It’s not a mainline ship but looks fairly good, and I’m thinking of a cruise on it this spring.  Thanks for anything you can tell me about it, including more generally.   Mike

Hi Mike:  Re:  Pulmantur Horizon.  Generally it was a good cruise.  We were in Athens and it fit our schedule.  It is a very old Celebrity ship (Pulmantur is part of RC) and is due to be replaced soon.  The sauna was small.  Usually a couple of guys in it when I was there.  I usually went in afternoon, may be busier later.  Most everything is in Spanish with some English.  The food was good. We were sat with three Australian couples.  The shows were mainly song and dance with a little English.   We did have a couple of problems.  If you book a tour for Athens, make sure the tour company knows which dock the ship is at.  The dock is different from most American ship's docks and I missed a tour.  Another problem we had there was a pump or something that went off about every 20 secs. with a buzzing sound -- very distracting for me at night.  Although we were told the ship was not totally full, they would not move us.  This kind of messed up what would have been a very good cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

dan56, thanks very much for your helpful information. Too bad about the distracting noise.

With this coronavirus we’re all dealing with now, let’s hope cruise lines everywhere will survive!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have added updates to the worksheet for the Holland America Pinnacle Class Ships. Still dreaming of my next cruise since had to cancel two this year already. Hope everyone is staying healthy and happy. Be patient and continue to support your favorite cruise lines.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This list is great -I was afraid I was going to have to cancel my 39 day transpacific cruise on the Oosterdam - and 7 day post-COVID cruise out of Galveston because they did not have Saunas.

Not really - but I do like to get in a few sauna sessions while cruising - and nice to see that all my ships I have booked still have saunas.

Sad to see some ships are taking them out, or starting to charge - I really do not use any of the other Spa services when cruising. 

On 2/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, RD64 said:

Question here regarding the spreadsheet - I can’t access rows76-146 approx. Any suggestions?

Somebody had set up to filter out blanks or missing information. I noticed the question column titles were missing and some Comments were misplaced. 

So I restored the spreadsheet back to when it looked right, from January 2021.

All the rows are showing now.

Edited by tiger-91

I see that Freedom of the Seas is shown as still having complimentary facilities. Didn't those get removed when she was "amplified"? It's not 100% clear from the current deck plans, but I thought there were some pretty major changes in the fitness center area, and it looks like there are new cabins where at least some of what was once locker room was located.

8 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

I see that Freedom of the Seas is shown as still having complimentary facilities. Didn't those get removed when she was "amplified"? It's not 100% clear from the current deck plans, but I thought there were some pretty major changes in the fitness center area, and it looks like there are new cabins where at least some of what was once locker room was located.

maybe a "latest update" date column needs to be added to take into account these renovations. or rather the age of the presented information?

On 3/4/2021 at 7:46 PM, tiger-91 said:

maybe a "latest update" date column needs to be added to take into account these renovations. or rather the age of the presented information?

Done! Great idea. Added "Latest Update" column on right side at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit?usp=drivesdk

• 1 month later...

First of all the spread sheet is awesome, it must have taken a long time to make it, I will be planning several cruises now that I am vaccinated. Being a guy hooking into lifting all my life I really need a good sauna/steam daily and enjoy it also pre dinner. I love the camaraderie of single sex facilities, and I have met some great men, had some great discussions. Taking my son on his first cruise, so this spreadsheet will help! Anyone feeling like chatting about the best facilities that they have experience, feel free to contact me.

Mark
newsenmark@gmail.com

09.31.15A.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, LiftingDad said:

First of all the spread sheet is awesome, it must have taken a long time to make it, I will be planning several cruises now that I am vaccinated. Being a guy hooking into lifting all my life I really need a good sauna/steam daily and enjoy it also pre dinner. I love the camaraderie of single sex facilities, and I have met some great men, had some great discussions. Taking my son on his first cruise, so this spreadsheet will help! Anyone feeling like chatting about the best facilities that they have experience, feel free to contact me.

Mark
newsenmark@gmail.com

Hey Mark...tried this email and it was returned by the demon in the mailroom! 

6 hours ago, HLR said:

Hey Mark...tried this email and it was returned by the demon in the mailroom! 

Hey Howard, Howard here also - not often I get to chat with another Howard. I had same problem with Mark's old email. Try this one:  marknewsen1@gmail.com  It did go through.

21 hours ago, twodjs said:

Hey Howard, Howard here also - not often I get to chat with another Howard. I had same problem with Mark's old email. Try this one:  marknewsen1@gmail.com  It did go through.

Hi Howard! It's Howard! Look at you toasting with your loverly wife there in your picture!

Nope...that email was rejected by the demon in the mailroom also.

So...any clue as to the open-ness of the steam and saunas? One person at a time? I'm single and sail as a solo....if I were to sail NOW I'd be pretty lonely have to sit, sun and eat alone and barely able to meet and mingle...

Howard

Edited by HLR

Howard - bummer about Mark's contact email. That was the latest I could find.

Yes, that's us toasting to a safe return to cruising. As far as sauna and steam - there is hope. At least on the first sailing of Celebrity Edge, my understanding is that because it had all crew and all adults fully vaccinated (about 25 kids weren't) no masks were required on board and the gym and spa operated normally. Fingers crossed that other fully vaccinated cruises follow this approach. Social distancing was suggested but not required. Edge did provide masks to all guests. All crew members were fully masked.

Howard (from Jersey)

As someone who often travels solo I hear your concerns. Sometimes I just want to travel as an “International Man of Mystery” and not talk to anyone. On a cruise a few years ago, I wanted a table for two - by myself - it was the end of a busy year, and I just was not in the mood for small talk every night. That being said, I certainly won the sympathy vote - people felt sorry for me - would encounter me on deck, or in a bar , and invite me to dine with them. Sometimes I would accept, and sometimes not.

on the last cruise I did pre-Covid, an 11 day transatlantic, the first night I ate with two random couples. We had such an enjoyable first  night, filled with so much in common that we ate together almost every night for the remainder, and we still keep in touch.

That being said, I am sure that the spa/ gym / sauna services will soon be back to normal. There is nothing more relaxing than a pre-dinner steam/sauna mid Atlantic.

cheers.