New to celebrity...areas verandah rooms cant access?

Superspeechie

We are going on Solstice in Jan, first time on Celebrity. We have cruised a lot on RCI so should be Elite on Celebrity. We are booked in a standard Verandah room. I am just wondering what areas of the ship are out of bounds for us lowly veranda rooms? I just dont want to be one of THOSE people who try to get into a special area when we dont have that special privilege! I know the special gold card areas on RCI, I’m just not sure how things work on celebrity. Are there special restaurants and rooms we are not allowed in on celebrity?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going on Solstice in Jan, first time on Celebrity. We have cruised a lot on RCI so should be Elite on Celebrity. We are booked in a standard Verandah room. I am just wondering what areas of the ship are out of bounds for us lowly veranda rooms? I just dont want to be one of THOSE people who try to get into a special area when we dont have that special privilege! I know the special gold card areas on RCI, I’m just not sure how things work on celebrity. Are there special restaurants and rooms we are not allowed in on celebrity?

Luminae restaurant. This is a dining room for suite guests only.

Blu restaurant. This is a dining room for aqua class and suite guests only.

Michaels Club. This is a private lounge for suite guests, zenith members of the loyalty program and other VIP's.

The Retreat. This will not apply to you on your sailing, but if you ever choose to book a sailing on any of the new Edge class ships, the new Retreat area (Pool, bar and suite restaurant) is only accessible to suite guests, and those who have linked bookings in connecting staterooms.

At times you may also find some areas of the ship are only accessible to those attending special events, such as poker tournaments. But these are clearly marked as such.

Other areas of the ships are only accessible by Elite members and above at specific times. But as you'll be an Elite member, this will not apply to you.

Thankyou so much, very helpful.

No problem. I've seen first hand a few peeps turned away from Luminae (Including a couple who just walked in straight past the maitre 'd and seated themselves) and Michaels Club, which might have been a tad uncomfortable for them as other pax watched. So I understand completely why you'd want to know beforehand.

Thankyou so much, very helpful.

Just an FYI, getting Elite Status from your RC status is not automatic. You have to get a Captains Club number from Celebrity and have it associated with your reservation.

Thanks, yes travel agent organised the captains club number for us. I know how cranky people get when people access areas they are not meant to (and rightly so!) I just didn’t want to upset people accidentally by trying to get into places we have no right to be in.