Christmas 2018 cruise....Glory or Sunshine?

Christine in MO

OK...getting ready to book our first ever Christmas cruise!!! It will be me, husband, 13 yo daughter and 17 yo son. Kids 3rd cruise, hubs 5th cruise & my 6th cruise. So which ship Glory or Sunshine?!??!

Sunshine out of Port Canaveral - 8 day - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan & Grand Turk.

OR

Glory out of Miami - 7 day - Grand Turk, San Juan, Amber Cove & St. Thomas.

We have been to all ports on the Sunshine cruise. On the Glory cruise Amber Cove & St. Thomas would be new. The clincher is the price ---- for the exact same price we can get 1 interior and 1 balcony on Lido deck on the Glory vs. 2 interior on Lido deck on Sunshine. So basically for the same price we loose a day of cruising but are able to have a balcony. Well, technically the Sunshine would be slightly higher for the extra day of tips but other than that the price is identical. So which would you book? Sunshine or Glory? Help decide please!!!!

I sailed the Sunshine last year at Christmas and Loved it. The Sunshine has great food venues and I think the kids will enjoy the rope course and water slides. We did and we are in our fifties! You will love the serenity deck. Whichever you choose I’m sure you’ll create lasting memories.

I sailed the glory a few years back, while it was a great cruise, I will still vote for the Sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the Sunshine Dec 17-23. We also stayed in 2 lido interiors, the best ones yet, cabins 9123 & 9125. These square interiors seem to have more space. We loved them.

Never sailed the Glory, but I would always choose the cruise with more days.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Sunshine Dec 17-23. We also stayed in 2 lido interiors, the best ones yet, cabins 9123 & 9125. These square interiors seem to have more space. We loved them.

Never sailed the Glory, but I would always choose the cruise with more days.

Enjoy!

I actually had a question about those particular cabins if you wouldn't mind answering.....do you have to walk all the way to the other end of the "main" corridor to get to the hallway that these rooms are in or is there a "shortcut" closer to the elevators not shown on the Carnival diagram? TIA

I actually had a question about those particular cabins if you wouldn't mind answering.....do you have to walk all the way to the other end of the "main" corridor to get to the hallway that these rooms are in or is there a "shortcut" closer to the elevators not shown on the Carnival diagram? TIA

There is no short cut. That's why we chose the one's that we did. They were the 1st ones that were connecting. I can't stress enough how much we liked the set up in these cabins, worth every step!

We did our first ever (and obviously first Christmas) cruise just this past Christmas on the Conquest. We had such a great time so we just booked (literally, got off the phone about 15 minutes ago) the Sunshine for this Christmas!! Can't give you any insight on the Glory because I've never sailed it but just wanted to say if you book Sunshine, then we'll be cruisemates!

My 11 yr old daughter made a friend on the Conquest and stayed in touch and her family is also sailing the same cruise. I saved both the Sunshine and Glory sailings and when I found out this morning they were sailing Sunshine, I made the final decision. The girls are both so excited!! Plus, it doesn't hurt that we'll get to visit San Juan. I'm Puerto Rican and have never been to Puerto Rico yet!

Good luck with your decision!! I'm sure either way, you won't go wrong!

OK...getting ready to book our first ever Christmas cruise!!! It will be me, husband, 13 yo daughter and 17 yo son. Kids 3rd cruise, hubs 5th cruise & my 6th cruise. So which ship Glory or Sunshine?!??!

Sunshine out of Port Canaveral - 8 day - St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan & Grand Turk.

OR

Glory out of Miami - 7 day - Grand Turk, San Juan, Amber Cove & St. Thomas.

We have been to all ports on the Sunshine cruise. On the Glory cruise Amber Cove & St. Thomas would be new. The clincher is the price ---- for the exact same price we can get 1 interior and 1 balcony on Lido deck on the Glory vs. 2 interior on Lido deck on Sunshine. So basically for the same price we loose a day of cruising but are able to have a balcony. Well, technically the Sunshine would be slightly higher for the extra day of tips but other than that the price is identical. So which would you book? Sunshine or Glory? Help decide please!!!!

Both good, but 8 is better then 7!;p

• 1 month later...

I have sailed both ships. How do the dates fall? I would think Sunshine 8 day might have fewer kids than a 7 day. The Sunshine with lots of kids tends to feel crowded. the glory can feel crowded if everyone is indoors All the specialty restaurants on the Sunshine is nice. It is also early that your prices could drop. I would also rather have two connecting OV Rooms Or have you looked at a 1A for kids across from a balcony? I love the Sunshine ports.