Sunshine - outlets in bathroom?

itchintogo

Does anyone know if there are electrical outlets in the bathroom, on the Sunshine? Just bought some nightlights that plug in. Was on a Holland America a few months ago and there weren't any outlets in the bathroom...and watched a video on youtube of the Sunshine and didn't see outlets. Not a biggie of course, just curious.

2 weeks from departure on the Sunshine..woo hoo!

I use a battery powered motion sensitive nightlight in the bathroom. I can put it on the shelf & it will come on when I go in there & turns off pretty quickly if there is no additional motion. It's not super bright, so it doesn't jar you awake like turning on a regular light would. The plug that I've seen on the ships I've sailed has been only for shavers. I've also read that the plug is only active when the light switch is on. I've not tested that since I don't have anything to plug in there. I don't think it's a polarized plug. I'm pretty sure I read that on the boards here, though.

dmdiver is correct about the bathroom outlet. Typically, the outlet is near the upper right-hand corner of the mirror, and is connected to the bathroom's light switch. So, when you turn off the light, you'll also be turning off the outlet, which makes the outlet useless for a night light. Your best bet is to get some type of battery powered light. We use a tap light. It's brighter than a tea light, so I just lay a dry wash cloth over it to soften the glow.

We use a small battery operated tea light from the Dollar Tree.

We do too - I buy a few and toss them out when the run out of juice. :D

It's been our experience that on about all of the ships we've sailed the outlet in the bathroom is for electric razors and won't work for things like hair dryers

We take battery powered tea lights, just have to remember to turn them off during the day when you feel comfortable turning on the bathroom light. However, our last cruise was in Dec. and we have some USB powered Christmas lights that came from Radio Shack. they attach to a flat surface with a suction cup. We attached one to the mirror in the bathroom and powered it with a power bank. Only plugged it in at night, recharged the power bank when needed. We are taking one on the next cruise, even though it is not at Christmas.

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-usb-powered-acrylic-reindeer-led EM

Edited by Essiesmom