What is the best itinerary

DiN2cruzagain

A group of us gals are planning a cruise in February 2007 and were wondering what the best itinerary is for traveling that time of year. We for sure want a 7-8 day cruise. Our ages are 40-60 and all like to have fun. We all love the sun and would like some calm seas! I really don't want to go on a ship that rolls up the carpet at 8. Thanks for any input!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

A group of us gals are planning a cruise in February 2007 and were wondering what the best itinerary is for traveling that time of year. We for sure want a 7-8 day cruise. Our ages are 40-60 and all like to have fun. We all love the sun and would like some calm seas! I really don't want to go on a ship that rolls up the carpet at 8. Thanks for any input!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

You have asked a question that will get as many answers as there are possible cruises.

All I can say is have fun!

So far, our cruises to the Western Carribean have always had calmer seas then the Eastern or Southern Carribean.

Hope this helps.

Diane

Gosh, I have never been in the Eastern caribbean when it is anything but smooth as silk. I know that one of the luxury lines (you can figure out which one from my signature) canceled its cruises to the Western Caribbean becasue it was always to rough to get where they were going. Of course that is a 4260 ton ship not a 110000 ton giant.

Your observations are much different than my preception.

Gosh, I have never been in the Eastern caribbean when it is anything but smooth as silk. I know that one of the luxury lines (you can figure out which one from my signature) canceled its cruises to the Western Caribbean becasue it was always to rough to get where they were going. Of course that is a 4260 ton ship not a 110000 ton giant.

Do you mean 42,xxx ton ship or really just that small of a ship - 4,xxx tons?? We were once on a 22,xxx ton ship and that was small. (Sorry, I can't tell by your sig. - I only see red x's)

The last time we were in the EC, we were only on a 77,xxx ton ship and it was rocky as ever one night! (Apparently there was a trop storm off the coast of Africa! ugh)

Gotta go with the Southern Caribbean without a doubt!!! It's not often that I get to see Aruba, Barbados, and Dominica (totally unspoiled beauty), and also get to repeat St. Thomas and San Juan. Personally, I can go to Mexico or Jamaica anytime, but the other islands above are just too expensive to visit on my budget. Getting to cruise to all of them was a dream!! :)

Do you mean 42,xxx ton ship or really just that small of a ship - 4,xxx tons?? We were once on a 22,xxx ton ship and that was small. (Sorry, I can't tell by your sig. - I only see red x's)

The last time we were in the EC, we were only on a 77,xxx ton ship and it was rocky as ever one night! (Apparently there was a trop storm off the coast of Africa! ugh)

I meant 4260 tons, 110 passengers.

On our eastern cruise in January, I got seasick the first day out at noon. The seas were pretty high the whole trip. I learned not to look at the ocean. On our last night coming back, the ship was sailing on its' side, I thought I was going to roll out of bed. Our western cruise was smooth as silk.

I am doing a group cruise on the Caribbean Princess in February 2007

another person is doing a group on carnival Miracle in February--check out the group board located on the main page.

My caribbean princess info is below in my signiture below

Seas can be rough anywhere, anytime.

Don't worry aout the carpet getting rolled up at 8:00 if you book with Carnival.

If your group is new to cruising, try the good ol' stand-bys: Western Carrib. to Cozumel, Playa del Carmen and such.

Personally I am eager to hit the Southern Carrib. for the same reasons already posted. Crusing is the most cost-effective way to get down there.

Whatever choice you make, I'm sure you will all have a great time. Good luck!

For a group of women, I'd definitely recommend Eastern!!! St. Thomas and St. Martin have great shopping. Southern is tough because you have to leave out of Puerto Rico and the airfare can be quite expensive - you'd see a big drop out rate organizing that trip. Happy planning!:)

Wow!! I would bet you'd get to know everyone on board!!

Yes, including some that are best not remembered.

But we did meet some wonderful people through CC who we stay in touch with, including some who live within 15 miles of us.

12 Day Carnival Spirit to Hawaii... Honolulu to Vancouver route....you get to visit all the beautiful islands...then get to relax on board for five sea days coming home! Ah.h.h.h.h.h

Is this cruise 7 or 8 dayer ?;)

Based on this...

"and all like to have fun"

and...

"don't want to go on a ship that rolls up the carpet at 8."

Then I would look at cruises that stop at Cozumel, San Juan, or Nassau.

You can't do all three on the same cruise. In the "have fun" column where do you place shopping vs activities on-shore as more important?

I like to check out the history of the area and see as many things as I can. I am not a big shopper but some may prefer to shop. I was on the Pride in September and we did some things on our own and some tours. Some did the zip lines, glass bottom boats, swim with the dolphins, city tours, ect. So much to do, so little time! I am open for new adventures so of course we want calm seas and warm weather!

9779145.gif

event.png

I have to say our favorite port is St. Lucia...beautiful beaches, great excursions if interested, friendly locals.

Would also love to revisit St. Martin and San Juan, Grand Cayman too. No matter what you pick you'll absolutely love it. Have fun exploring the options!!

Archived