Graduation Cruise

After 23 years, I will finally graduate with my bachelors in May of 2020. I want to do a great vacation to celebrate before I begin working. I suspect by August of that year, that our family will have a lot of changes happening. So hit me with your favorites. I can't book yet and there may be other date consideration, but planning for the future stops me from focusing on how long it will be until our next real vacation. We would be sailing with an 11 & 13 year old. Right now neither enjoys the kids club things but did love water slides and other things to do. The only cruise itinerary we have done is western with Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. What other fun ports are there for active tweens/ young teens? Open to any country, and starting point. Wanted to look at repositioning cruises but they all fall right before graduation.

I just want to hear everyone's favorite. 1st this time frame isn't even available to book yet. 2nd there are other factors that will probably make me wait until at least fall to book anyway. I am trying to distract myself from the 2.5 solid years of intense scheduling for my family, that will prevent us from taking more than a weekend getaway.

Wow! First, congrats on your fantastic accomplishment! You deserve to celebrate.

Now, the tough part, picking a cruise. We just did Western Caribbean with the Grandkids, aged 12-7. We were on Oasis and they loved all the activities. So for your kids, look at Harmony of the Seas for the "bells and whistles." They have all the slides, etc.

As for port stops. Since you've already been to Western Caribbean, look at the Eastern Itinerary.

For more "exotic" stops, look at a Southern Caribbean cruise. They have the best snorkeling, etc. but on smaller ships with less to do on board. Of course Labadee on any cruise is a great beach day.

From our experience with tween and teens, the ship is the destination. I'd go for an Oasis class with all the bells and whistles like the rock climbing wall, basketball court, arcade, slides, flow-rider, Zip-line, ice skating rink and on and on. If it were just you or just adults, I'd suggest Europe, but I'm not sure the kids wouldn't enjoy a museum as much as the water slides. We did a cruise to Europe for my Grandson's high school graduation gift because it was a destination he wanted to see (history buff). He is still raving about Rome and Turkey, but a few years prior to that, his preferences would have been the things to do on the ship. He's now 24 and he and his roommate are going on our family cruise in June. We're going on Allure, and he's more excited about the ship than the destinations.