Shadowmeboy's Star studded Christmas Mexican Riviera review!

shadowmeboy

Enjoying your review! Appreciate all the photos; glad to know I'm not alone struggling with the various settings with lights and motion.

I miss the old menu from LaCucina - the pizza was always so good! I don't usually plan that far ahead but the Canada cruise from NY sounds good.

I miss the old menu from LaCucina - the pizza was always so good! I don't usually plan that far ahead but the Canada cruise from NY sounds good.

I'm enjoying the review as well.

I'm finding the differences in menus interesting. Both the suite lunch menu and the La Cucina menu is different from our recent cruises (Dawn, Getaway and Escape). I find it a bit strange that they continue to have different menus for the same restaurants across the fleet.

I am enjoying your trip report--especially all of the pictures. We will be on the Star in February and it is interesting to see the ship from your pictures.

Thank you. I try to capture the ship the way it truly is, whether good, bad, or indifferent. What may bother someone else, I may not notice or care about. Or vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoying your review! Appreciate all the photos; glad to know I'm not alone struggling with the various settings with lights and motion.

I use my sports setting on the camera for motion but at night that is troublesome. The camera is trying to draw the light in but the motion blurs the lights. I am trying to improve my photography skills all the time. I am just glad it’s digital and not film!

I never tried them, but they are huge. The table next to us got one.

I can’t wait to go on that cruise! To a see a new part of Canada!

Awesome! So few reviews from these itineraries and as a Californian I have been real curious!

I am glad to assist.

Most reviews I have seen on the Mexican Riviera are on either end of a Panama Canal Cruise. I take photos to enjoy the cruise long after we have left the ship. It’s my happy place!

I really enjoy all your reviews, even the pre cruise parts since you live in such a beautiful part of the US. I've been there in the summer so I enjoy seeing how it looks in the winter.

Thank you. I feel I start my trip when we leave home and end when we get home. Often with a cruise that can be quite a journey.

I apologize I was not able to make anymore progress yesterday. It was a long day, with work and family commitments afterward. I am off today, so lets get a little further along.

In our room was a letter from Monica the Concierge with the times for VIP/Suite breakfast and lunch.

VIPBreakfastLunch-L.jpg

We kept this handy, due to the differing times in different ports.

Additionally, there was a letter from the group services coordinator with the Meet and Greet information. I of course had already shared that on our Roll Call and was prepared.

MeetGreetLetter-L.jpg

i enjoyed seeing the hustle and bustle of the port getting the ship ready to sail and the balcony was really nice.

IMG_9476-L.jpg

IMG_9477-L.jpg

IMG_9478-L.jpg

looking out at San Pedro

IMG_9478-L.jpg

I'm enjoying the review as well.

I'm finding the differences in menus interesting. Both the suite lunch menu and the La Cucina menu is different from our recent cruises (Dawn, Getaway and Escape). I find it a bit strange that they continue to have different menus for the same restaurants across the fleet.

I am too. I would have thought they would have been the same by now. unless, they are keeping certain things in certain restaurants until the a ship goes through its Norwegian edge upgrade. The Star does its in Spring of 2018, and you can tell in certain places it needs it.

A few pictures of the stateroom bathroom.

IMG_9480-L.jpg

the shower box

IMG_9485-L.jpg

sink area

IMG_20171222_135154-L.jpg

Susan out on the balcony enjoying the sunshine.

We got a knock on the door. We open it up to find a treat!

IMG_9486-L.jpg

Chocolate covered strawberries!

After our treat, we head out to explore some more, as our bags have not yet arrived.

IMG_9487-L.jpg

Pool Deck - deck 12 mid

IMG_9488-L.jpg

We of course found the Ice Cream.

IMG_9500-L.jpg

Splash down kids area - deck 12 aft

IMG_9501-L.jpg

San Pedro from deck 12 aft

IMG_9502-L.jpg

Splash down kids area - deck 12 aft

IMG_9503-L.jpg

Going in the port side doors, you enter into the workout room

IMG_9504-L.jpg

looking down at the Spa lobby on deck 11 aft - the windows above are the workout room

IMG_9507-L.jpg

Video arcade was deck 12 port side

It was now about 3:00 pm and we headed to midship and then down to deck 6 to attend the lifeboat drill in Aqua.

IMG_9508-L.jpg

IMG_9509-L.jpg

Tephany (the hostess from lunch) was the M muster station captain. Since she loves being photographed, she got the whole gang together for a M muster group photo!

IMG_9510-L.jpg

We went through the lifeboat drill, unfortunately the PA was not working in Aqua and Tephany had to walk through the instructions on her megaphone!

After lifeboat drill was done we headed up to the stateroom to watch sail away!

IMG_9512-L.jpg

looking up in the midship elevators

IMG_9513-L.jpg

Our balcony was literally right over the midship gangway. This would come in handy for people running for the boat later in the cruise! Maybe also the said heckling of of such people.

IMG_9514-L.jpg

At 4:02 pm, The Norwegian Star pushed away from the Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Terminal