Drinks Package Advice

Dear All.... Later in the year, my mum and I are due to go on our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. My mum is in her 70's, I'm in my 40's. I enjoy late nights, partying and alcoholic beverages.... my mum may have 1 or 2 beers in the day, a fruit juice and a couple of whisky's at night. When I booked the cruise, I did not know that passengers in the same room / suite, had to book the same drinks package - when it came to the deluxe drinks package. I am unsure if my mum would benefit from the Deluxe Drinks package, but I think I would. I've got no idea how much drinks might cost on the ship. Please can anyone advise, or give their opinion, as to what they suggest I/we do, when it comes to the drinks packages..... Is it likely that there might be a promotion on drinks packages between now and September? Is it cost effective for us to both order the deluxe drinks package (Although it seems such a HUGE amount of money to pay right now in one go....), Please can anyone advise as I am really confused? Do most people normally order drink packages in advance? Thank you! so much!

Drinks were 8-12 bucks. Beers lower and most drinks around 8 bucks. I got drink package for about 44 bucks a day. So if you think you will drink 6-8 or more drinks a day then ya get it. I certainly do. The drinks are very light btw. I usually have a mimosa at breakfast, 2 beers or foofie drinks at the pool, 2 glasses of wine at dinner then a few scotches at dinner.

Edited by 956wenbrook

If she didn’t drink at all I’d think about not getting it but since she does drink some bet you’ll like it. Besides....water bottles ,sodas w fruit spritzer , sparkling water at dinner, lattes and such.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My 80yo mom and I (54yo) are going to get the drink package. We'll have a couple lattes in the morning while sitting out on our aft balcony. Couple frou-frou drinks maybe by the pool or while sitting watching the wake. Plus a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a drink or 2 after dinner. Not to mention picking up bottled water as we leave to go on our excursions. Doesn't sound like a whole lot, but it adds up. I think we'll get our money's worth. We are primarily wine drinkers, so it adds up pretty quickly. If we were beer drinkers, probably not worth it for us.

If the two of you are going to have less then 20 drinks a day then it would be better to pay as you go. I use the number 20 because you said the drinks would include beer which is much cheaper then a cocktail. happy cruising

So how much is 9 beers a day on US sailings inc 18% they must be pretty cheap if 9 beers a day wouldnt cover the package price.

So how much is 9 beers a day on US sailings inc 18% they must be pretty cheap if 9 beers a day wouldnt cover the package price.

Probably varies by ship, but the least expensive beer I've seen lately is $6.50 before gratuity.

I would get it. Like you I am in my 40's and love my share of drinks..especially on vacation. If your mom drinks a few drinks a day, plus say coffees, juices,bottled water it adds up. I have always paid for the deluxe package, buy in advance on sale and never regretted it. I have no worries once on ship about how much I am spending on drinks.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

If the two of you are going to have less then 20 drinks a day then it would be better to pay as you go. I use the number 20 because you said the drinks would include beer which is much cheaper then a cocktail. happy cruising

9 cheapest beers @ $6.50 = $58.50 + 18% = $69.03 per day!

It would have made more sense if you said less than 20 drinks if it included bottled water :)