Paying off cruise early?

Shynook11

Our final payment for the Escape is due in March. I was wondering if there was a disadvantage to just paying it off now. Our flights are booked to NYC, Hamilton show tix in NYC bought....so there is no way (unless death, those Hamilton tix were expensive!) we wouldn't go. I doubt our price will drop since we got the 3rd4th persons for free and I have yet to find a balcony lower priced and that particular offer doesn't come around too often. Let me know what you think! We usually just wait until the due date, but wanted to just pay it and be done with it :) ALso, first time on one of the mega type ships...is it 90 days out for reserving shows, thermal spa and dining?

I usually pay my cruise little by little every month and so off my cruise is paid off a month or two before the due date. It allows me to budget but really its personal preference. I can then use the 3 months between to shop for clothes :)

Nothing except the obvious that you lose what ever interest that money would have gained from now until the due date, which with today’s interest rates is not much.

Do what ever makes you comfortable, and enjoy your cruise, ships like the Getaway are fabulous.

90 days prior is correct for reservations for balcony cabin, suggest you do that the first chance you get to avoid disappointment as prime times fill up fast.

I usually book all entertainment and dinning that is allowable within hours of the 90 day opening.

When you pay off your cruise has nothing to do with ‘final payment date’. If you cancel or want to get a price drop before the date final payment is due, it’s the same terms whether you pay it off or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I pay a bit each month and always have it payed off several months before final

payment date. Have a great time and enjoy Hamilton, that sounds like a great way to start a vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums