Sun Princess Daily Gratuity Amount

newport dave

Could anyone who has sailed on the Sun recently and is NOT from Aus/NZ please let me know what the daily gratuities were in AUD. Have the option of prepaying, but it's in £'s. Just want to know which is the most economical way to pay for myself. No intention of removing them, just doing some financial planning for our trip and want to know the cost either way.

Many Thanks

David

Hi David - our advice would be to wait until you get on board. In our experience the princess ships that sail out of Australia don't charge a daily gratuity (we've met fellow cruisers from a variety of countries on board). Check at the front counter when you board and enjoy your cruise.

Hi David - our advice would be to wait until you get on board. In our experience the princess ships that sail out of Australia don't charge a daily gratuity (we've met fellow cruisers from a variety of countries on board). Check at the front counter when you board and enjoy your cruise.
So your saying these cruisers from countries other than Aus & NZ weren't charged the daily gratuities.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

We understand that 's the case if your cruise starts and finishes in Australia (one of us travels on a UK passport) - give Princess a call and they'll clarify. Happy cruising.

My understanding is that it only applies if the tickets are purchased from or through Princess Australia, and if the cruise starts and finishes in Australia or NZ. i.e. Those cruise where the on-board currency is AUD.

Otherwise gratuities apply. I don't know how much they are.

My understanding is that it only applies if the tickets are purchased from or through Princess Australia, and if the cruise starts and finishes in Australia or NZ. Otherwise gratuities apply. I don't know how much they are.
Yes, this is what I understood, and everyone else pays them as normal like you do on the rest of the Princess ships.

If you did not book through an Australian TA or through Princess Australia direct, then your on-board account will be charged the auto-gratuity. I don't think this is fair on non-Australian passengers as the staff are paid at a much higher rate, an amount the same as if they were on the ships were the auto-gratuity applied. From what I have seen, overseas bookings are not cheaper than the same cruise booked in Australia.

My understanding is that it only applies if the tickets are purchased from or through Princess Australia, and if the cruise starts and finishes in Australia or NZ. i.e. Those cruise where the on-board currency is AUD.

Otherwise gratuities apply. I don't know how much they are.

yes i agree with you, aussie & kiwis booking with a local agent have the tips included in the fare and everyone else have to pay the gratuities

If you did not book through an Australian TA or through Princess Australia direct, then your on-board account will be charged the auto-gratuity. I don't think this is fair on non-Australian passengers as the staff are paid at a much higher rate, an amount the same as if they were on the ships were the auto-gratuity applied. From what I have seen, overseas bookings are not cheaper than the same cruise booked in Australia.

It should be possible for overseas passengers to book through an Oz/NZ TA. I would guess that wouldn't occur to a lot of people.

yes i agree with you, aussie & kiwis booking with a local agent have the tips included in the fare and everyone else have to pay the gratuities
Our fares are cheaper than yours though, so all evens it self out in the end.