Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach Resturants

bethhorn

Hi.

I'm looking for a place for dinner, the night before our cruise... Grandparents, parents and littles. We have a rental car, so we can travel to the right spot. Obviously looking for someplace kid-friendly, but the kids are very well behaved and used to acting appropriately in restaurants. They are also well fed, and don't need chicken fingers/burgers. Not looking to spend a fortune. Prefer something that feels local (no chains)... Right now our lead contenders are Grills and Fishlips, but they seem so touristy and we want good food at good prices with good service -- the kind of place you go if you live there and have family in town.

So, tall order, I know... What you got? LOL!

Please know this is a very family-friendly and casual area...so you can go anywhere with your kids!

If it is a nice sunny afternoon, the Cocoa Beach pier is a fun place to eat. Several places to choose from and the kids can watch the surfers almost underneath the windows! Further south the kids can play in the sand at Coconuts while you watch over them from the restaurant.

Then there are the Port restaurants where the kids can watch the cruise ships sail by between 4pm and 5pm. Grills and Fishlips or any of the 4 - pick whoever has the best table available!

Edited by SteerageJoe

the port 4 are very popular with the folks who live here .... who tend to stay away on cruise days knowing the crowds will be more ... Grills is where my visitors ask to return to on their second stop!

the pier is under new management in the last couple of years and they have been making improvements but IMO is more touristy by nature, altho it is the middle of a popular chunk of beach for the surfer crowd ... it has not been a dinner destination for me for a long time

Depending on the time of year and the weather consider Coconuts .. http://www.coconutsonthebeach.com/

it is further from the port so less frequented by the cruise crowd. But it is right on the ocean rather than the port ....

image18445.jpg

image18447.jpg

I travel to Cocoa Beach/PC for work a lot and the two restaurants that I always make sure to go to are Fishlips and Grills. If I had to pick out of the two of them, I’d choose Grills every time. On my last trip, I enjoyed it so much I went twice for lunch & took my mom & daughter for dinner!

I wasn’t really impressed with the food at the pier last time I ate there. Kelsey’s is also delicious.