Another Deluxe drink package question

panzafit

We are a party of 12 going on a cruise. My husband doesn't drink alcohol at all. Of course, I do. The other 10 people all do. 8 of them are going to get the drink package.

I have a couple who do drink but they just adopted a baby and can't afford the upfront cost of a drink package right now. To help them out a little financially and since I want a drink package but my husband doesn't drink do you think it would work if I got me and my husband both the drink package but then on the cruise gave my husband's seapass card to one of them when we are hanging out so they can get drinks with his package?

We are a party of 12 going on a cruise. My husband doesn't drink alcohol at all. Of course, I do. The other 10 people all do. 8 of them are going to get the drink package.

I have a couple who do drink but they just adopted a baby and can't afford the upfront cost of a drink package right now. To help them out a little financially and since I want a drink package but my husband doesn't drink do you think it would work if I got me and my husband both the drink package but then on the cruise gave my husband's seapass card to one of them when we are hanging out so they can get drinks with his package?

Not likely, as your picture (The one associated with the seapass) comes up at most purchase locations.

If you call into RCI and explain to them, there are many that claim to have been able to get the package for just one.

dp

No, won't work because the bar staff can see the photo when they scan the card.

Oh, didn't realize there was a picture. I wanted to get 1 package for me and 1 package for them so at least 1 of them could drink without keeping track. Or do you think they would let me just get 1 package for me and then 1 package for them? I'm still getting 2 packages just not in the same room. Maybe??

Why not just switch names on the rooms so you and the other person can each get your package, but sleep in the rooms you want?

EDIT: I think I may have originally misunder stood OP's question, but my solution may still work.

Sounds like she wants to share her husband's drink package with more than one person.

No, didn't want to share my husband's package with more than one person. Just wanted to give it to 1 person that's not in my room. Maybe I'll just get the 1 package for my room and then see if I can just give them a $200 credit so they can at least get $200 worth of drinks.

No, didn't want to share my husband's package with more than one person. Just wanted to give it to 1 person that's not in my room. Maybe I'll just get the 1 package for my room and then see if I can just give them a $200 credit so they can at least get $200 worth of drinks.

Then you can do as suggested in post #4.

Right, so if you book yourself and one of the other people in a room, you both get the package. Book your husband and the other person in another cabin, and neither of them would buy a package. Now you can use your package for yourself, your husband doesn't need to buy one, and if your friends decide to share a package(not that i recommend that) it is on them if they get caught. RCCL isn't watching what cabin you sleep in at night. You can book yourself in whatever cabin within your group that you want.

My personal opinion is try to get the one package for you, and of you wish to offer up the OBC to pay for drinks or part of a package for the folks in another room, (A very nice gesture BTW) that will be your simplest solution. If you try to play room switcheroo, it will create havoc with your specialty restaurant reservations and show/activities reservations. Ask me how I know :mad:

I will probably also create Room Key challenges for opening the assigned stateroom door for those involved.

You can call Gifts & Gear to buy OBC and have it assigned to another room. You might even be able to do the drink package on the same call.

dp

Edited by dpostman