I guess the upgrade fairy woke up early this morning.

sammee

I got an upsell email today as well.... for only $14-16 I can "upgrade" from my sad porthole cabin on the Riveria dungeon deck, to an AMAZING regular interior room on decks 8-10...... Silly little fairy, I think I'll keep my larger cabin with a sofa, and just ride the elevator :') ;)

They have called me twice for a similar offer $50 more to give up my porthole for a regular interior. Who would take that? Finally today they called and offered a deluxe ocean view for $75. I took that one, the extra bathroom will be so nice!

We got an offer from deck 7 forward balcony to deck 11 forward/middle balcony for $48.00 and also an offer for a cloud 9 spa balcony room for $132.00 on the Magic. Thinking that I am staying put...any thoughts?

I absolutely loved the spa room on the magic. I never missed one day there and some days I went twice. The pool was nice, I loved the stone chairs looking out in the ocean & the rain Forrest shower. Also not overly crowded. If you go to the spa you can pick up your gift package. I like the room decor as well as the robes and slippers and it is quiet...for $132 it is worth it.

Got an Upsell email today too. How strange so many would go out in one day. You would think they go out every day for cruises X number of days out. Mine was from an interior on Empress right off the atrium to a balcony on Main aft for $402. No thanks. They don’t know what is important to us...love the Empress rooms right off the atrium on Fantasy class and never in the room to enjoy a balcony.

I absolutely loved the spa room on the magic. I never missed one day there and some days I went twice. The pool was nice, I loved the stone chairs looking out in the ocean & the rain Forrest shower. Also not overly crowded. If you go to the spa you can pick up your gift package. I like the room decor as well as the robes and slippers and it is quiet...for $132 it is worth it.

I agree it's worth it, but the only rooms available are on deck 12 forward. Not sure......:confused:

I agree it's worth it, but the only rooms available are on deck 12 forward. Not sure......:confused:

Out of curiosity, because I'm trying to understand the bad, good, and better places to have a room: what are the potential negatives about a room on Deck 12 Fwd on the Magic (I assume you are still referring to the Magic)?

Below you have more staterooms, above is the Spa. Just the hassle of being up so far? (elevators, ship movement?)

Out of curiosity, because I'm trying to understand the bad, good, and better places to have a room: what are the potential negatives about a room on Deck 12 Fwd on the Magic (I assume you are still referring to the Magic)?

Below you have more staterooms, above is the Spa. Just the hassle of being up so far? (elevators, ship movement?)

We just had a spa balcony on the Magic in November, however on Deck 11. The main difference between Deck 11 & 12 is that the actual balcony isn't covered on Deck 12, which means if it is raining you can't go out and sit and enjoy it. We actually had several days of rain, which allowed us to go out without being in pouring rain. Now as far as the location, you do feel more motion that high whether its Deck 11 or 12, and we did notice the difference since it was our first spa balcony. We did enjoy all the spa perks and with the location was very easy to go and use them everyday. The spa rooms and halls are very quiet with less foot traffic and less children. We had a great time just don't think I would want a spa room all the time, prefer the extra long balcony rooms at the aft of the ship, they are our favorite. Everyone should try it once to see if it suits them, especially if you get an upsell offer that is better than actual booking rates of those cabins.

Being up so far and worried about ship movements....we also like to be closer to the promenade deck/dining areas and being able to go up or down a couple of flights of stairs if elevator is too congested.

I'm ages away from my cruise... but talking to my PVP she warned me that I'm on Carnival's newest ship (as of today at least), in a primo cabin (Lido deck balcony) and sailing at their busiest time when school has just let out (June). So setting expectations, she told me not to expect a price drop and not to look for an upsell call!

I'm happy with the cabins we selected- we have side by side cabins with my daughter & her family so they'd have to upsell both cabins before I'd accept it so I'm perfectly okay with our cabins... so this isn't unexpected or a big downer.

Next cruise we're looking to book a Havana balcony so depending on what we book we probably can't look for anything then either!

We were offered an upgrade from a prime cove balcony that sleeps four and is under a quiet part of the ship to a balcony right under one of the busiest public areas of the ship for 150$... (on the magic)... no thanks I like to sleep at night.

We got an upsell call to move from an interior cabin on deck 8 to a spa balcony on deck 11 for $210. We jumped on that deal! We have never had a spa cabin before, so we are excited to try that out. Only ten more days until we board the first of our B2B cruises! We are so looking forward to escaping the snow and ice here in Ohio.