Pricing to Panama Canal makes no sense to me. Does it to you?

PoppyandNana

10/9/18 15 nights - Panama Canal

Balcony guarantee $1,999 pp

Balcony assigned cabin $4,699. What’s???

With taxes and fees, assigned cabin comes in at $14,600 versus $4100 for guarantee. Unbelievable

In all my Celeb sailings I’ve never seen this kind of disparity.

Just did a mock booking for 2 in a veranda cabin on that sailing (not guarantee) and total price for 2 with 2 perks was $8524. Not sure how the OP got to $14k:o

I see a Sky Suite for $7249 per person (before taxes), so maybe that's where the OP is getting the $14K price???

My very first Celebrity cruise was 6 years ago on Infinity, 14 nights through the Panama Canal, San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale, inside cabin for $799pp with $250 OBC. :cool:

You can still get incredible deals every six months on Infinity as it repositions between Ft Lauderdale and Santiago, just a few months ago the price was $659pp (inside) :)

My favorite online site has the March repo for $849pp inside, $1323 OV, and $2203pp balcony. ;)

Each pax pays $250pp (or there abouts) JUST for the canal transit fee, that's why the taxes and port charges are significantly higher for any P/C itinerary. :(

I always say you have to shop and ask others. Here we did the Panama cruise not in the original Sky suite, we got the Corner Family room. It was less cost, but the Balcony was fantastic, where we invite 4 couples to join us on the side / Back of the ship. We even had it catered for no cost from our waiter.

ndeFKqfEYjNgBWAjgLIsm7DPXaX9f9XXlCXcCB4Xwav6Un8GH_ulIuTUGovGIYmQC9_9FRH3rWHhgi-93IohEHR_XjAt0jrNiukQNblGalKGr7AWMx9rSAH9PuXopK0jqJe7oB_6vXFdq0dpaHku_9yNHD2zvyIkhXmEyyxMUYnPX4MpeA8EXNXlxH_VuElUEqYli3E3YKpZwl2ow1fkhzecshC9PwFng36cxvn2zNRWE-hiWu1Cm_CXS9CazCcP2nruyXqr6FR9EkGFfYBNBGlryKbbsglxaWjLuayGt-j2wGgIGT0JNOxxSl6rKUZPvmc7kmzMHNZr1oie1NPPA9KqnWJblHOHM_f10LQyrYb85pBKkdq9qi2XeZvRDoB-O8AzPvQ3t3y9m-vkNMIX9wliA8zLrTEY6OR67jjjxnuQu1aK0JmOBVkthKV6ajToslJF1NSPYjl_RX54O-WfDb226tDFPQ_6zxHFhjusqpfTWZR9BtAHJyTpb8uslfXyl2XjtVI6gNCgryoZ5b15xlqgj1OrowDJRZEf3dxwoURXYkFedGJRz4SugGrFt-XijIaALKJ4poCVGK2aY-ePuqXKZ9ByWfniUK_qv-8=w1519-h1139-no