Credit for cancelled cruise? Any experience?

chloemonkey

We had to cancel a cruise in Oct - last minute. And we only had the NCL insurance which denied the claim. However, the letter from NCL's carrier stated that we WOULD be reimbursed 75% of our cruise fare through NCL and that we would hear from the Latitudes Department?

I have NOT heard anything about any future cruise credit.......so do any of you have experience with similar experiences? I will call of course.....just have been busy with one daughter having emergency surgery, end of the year books, and LIFE in general. We cancelled two days prior to two B2B 7 day Caribbeanc cruises this past October. I was SO angry at the time as the cancellation was due to one of my husbands employees taking a few days off unexpectadly...but he felt so bad that we took a 9 day out of New Orleans in late November! But this credit was NOT apparent then....so I wonder WHO at NCL to track it down with?

Thanks fellow cruisers!

My understanding of cruise line insurance is that it is NOT a primary insurance and that's why it is so much cheaper than other travel insurance. You are required to file a claim with your credit card and homeowners insurance before they will pay anything. I always insure my trip with AIG and had only one claim. I followed their instructions implicitly and got a check within two weeks of filing. I believe that those who have had trouble with AIG do not carefully follow the instruction which are kinda' tough to get through but not impossible.

Sorry again for the delay in responding....but have been dealing with one daughter having had emergency surgery.....Bad start to the New Year....

My question was in regards to the fact that NCL's Insurance company informed me that although they were denying our claim - that NCL Latitudes Department would be getting in touch with me as they WOULD be offering us 75% of our out of pocket toward future sailings....and this is what my question was in regards to as I have NOT heard from NCL Latitudes Department.

We have successfully negotiated claims with NCL's insurance in the past.....so this was NOT the issue.....as although we could have "fudged" the truth - we are too ethical to do so and were in fact happy to hear that we would at least receive the 75% towards future cruises. WE currently cruise NCL 4 times a year....so the money will go to good use.

My question was.....IF anyone had this "75% future cruise credit" awarded them, how long did it take for you to hear from NCL? Again....I understand that I can call them....but as it always is with NCL, who knows what answers I will receive....and I have also been busy dealing with my daughters recuperation.....

Anyone with experience with "Future Cruise Credit" due to late cancellation of a cruise.....please let me know of your experiences.

I don't remember NCL "getting in contract with us". However, the future cruise credit was on our account after the insurance company denied a "cancel for any reason" claim. Call NCL and see how much is on your account. That amount can only be used for ONE cruise.

In one case, we cancelled an Alaska cruise, and since (even at 75%) it was much more than a Caribbean cruise, we had to wait to book Alaska again to use the credit.

:confused:O

I don't remember NCL "getting in contract with us". However, the future cruise credit was on our account after the insurance company denied a "cancel for any reason" claim. Call NCL and see how much is on your account. That amount can only be used for ONE cruise.

In one case, we cancelled an Alaska cruise, and since (even at 75%) it was much more than a Caribbean cruise, we had to wait to book Alaska again to use the credit.

That is such an oxymoron statement.

“denied a cancel for any reason claim”

:confused::rolleyes::confused: