Escape for Fall Foliage In October?

txmommy2

We are considering the Escape for a fall foliage cruise in October. We have never sailed on Norwegian (have sailed Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Carnival.) and would appreciate any feedback on the line in general, the Escape, and/or this itinerary. Ports = NY, Portland, Bar Harbor, Saint John, Halifax, NY.

I think I will like the free style dining but it seems that many of the casual dining options also incur an additional charge which is different from our past experiences. Thanks

Its the same as on every line you have just named. Free MDRs and Buffet, a few free snack/light options and specialty dining. The only real difference is NCL charges for their burger joint, other lines don't.

Otherwise there are many reviews on this board. The Escape hasn't done CANE before I don't think, but the breakaway is similar in terms of ports.

The only real difference is NCL charges for their burger joint, other lines don't.

which joint is this on the Escape? I never heard of such thing. You can get burgers at both OSheehans, MDR, and the Buffet which is both free

the Escape does have Margaritaville and there is a charge for that but that is different. Margaritaville is not a burger joint, it is a regular up charge food venue.

The only real difference is NCL charges for their burger joint, other lines don't.

There is no "charged" burger joint on NCL. The Escape has the Margaritaville, but that is a regular restaurant line on land. Free burgers at the Garden Café Buffet, O'Shehans, and the MDRs.

On Royal Caribbean, you have to pay to eat at Jonny Rockets (which is a burger joint).

There is no "charged" burger joint on NCL. The Escape has the Margaritaville, but that is a regular restaurant line on land. Free burgers at the Garden Café Buffet, O'Shehans, and the MDRs.

On Royal Caribbean, you have to pay to eat at Jonny Rockets (which is a burger joint).

There is now a $16.95 fee for Margaritaville. :mad:

Tracy

Margaritaville replaced the free burger option (Uptown grill) - true its not technically a burger joint, but its the closest equivalent NCL has to options on some other lines that do offer burgers etc, either free or much cheaper (Trident Grill on Princess, Fieris on Carnival, Johnny rockets (small $) on RCCL, forget the name on Celebrity.

My point is for people who are used to the poolside casual eats being free, they are not on Escape.

which joint is this on the Escape? I never heard of such thing. You can get burgers at both OSheehans, MDR, and the Buffet which is both free

the Escape does have Margaritaville and there is a charge for that but that is different. Margaritaville is not a burger joint, it is a regular up charge food venue.

We are considering the Escape for a fall foliage cruise in October. We have never sailed on Norwegian (have sailed Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Carnival.) and would appreciate any feedback on the line in general, the Escape, and/or this itinerary. Ports = NY, Portland, Bar Harbor, Saint John, Halifax, NY.

I think I will like the free style dining but it seems that many of the casual dining options also incur an additional charge which is different from our past experiences. Thanks

We’re booked on Escape Sept 23-30, 2018 for our third Canada & NE cruise. This is our favorite cruise. First time on Escape and looking forward to it. New port for me this time, Portland, no more Boston or Newport, RI. Be aware if the government shuts down, Acadia National Park will be closed and excursions cancelled as they were for us on one of our cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums